Dub

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I listen to anything from JA. Have collection of reggae records, don't know how many dub lp's, but I got a bit... my preference was 80's rub-a-dub stuff, and some late 70's dj stuff, but I got a bit of everything. Dub can be GREAT... in the hands of the right engineer, but other times it can fall flat and boring if treated in the wrong way. I LOVED dub when I first got into JA stuff, but then I started discovering other stuff and dub lost priority.

A Ruffer Version is certainly one of Tubby's heaviest dubs that's for sure. Although I do particularly enjoy the stuff he did with Yabby You, and other late 70's singers, as well as most of his 80's stuff during the digital period. Anyways, if you need any info or leads, let me know.

Recreating the 70's vibes is possible, but very difficulty and expensive... a lot of Tubby's stuff was also customized... still you can make your own sound for sure!

S

sobepmp

Nothing like the sound of late 70's and 80's dub. It's amazing the big sound they could get from the meager equipment they had to work with. I know King Tubby and Scientist used to built or modify their equipment, wind their own transformers and what not.

Swift

Swift Flow
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Anyways, if you need any info or leads, let me know.

Recreating the 70's vibes is possible, but very difficulty and expensive... a lot of Tubby's stuff was also customized... still you can make your own sound for sure!

I watched a dvd that said King Tubby would do some ill mad scientist work to some delay units to make it his own stylee.
I traded my mpd32 for a bass guitar not too long ago,
I miss banging pads and all but im feeling this bass and after I get some gwop together im going to get a mixing console with all the amenities.

but first I need a band

Another Tubby Dub

members online

No members online now.