Dubstep

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
check it man

its sick

but only if you got a good system

seriously be the first on the west coast to play that shit, you will make mad mad mad cash

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
oh iceman you poor naive single minded fool....

and how wrong can someone actually be

tell me how it is like dnb?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Sounds like a mix of hip hop,dnb, techno and punk to me. I can see how it woud have the potential to blow up in the states with the young white gothic kids. It may be something to look into. I'm already dabling in Reggaeton. I'm down for new music and ideas. I got an online radio station looked in that plays Dubstep. I'm going to study it off and on for the next few weeks.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
hahaha

your weak

you obviously never experienced a dubstep rave, a rave or actually anything

you stick to hip pop then, it obviously suits you "badman mc"

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
OMG haze
You just put me on to somthing.. Calos
this is the first shit Ive actually taken serious and Im sorry.. This has ass of potential, I am gonna quick fast in a hurry put this to these cats I know that spin this type of shit....I can see this being large in this genre no shit!
(albiet a genre I think is "eh" but the people seem to like it.. lol)

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
My Co worker was playing this and talking about it like it was the new ish...anyhow the songs I heard were ok, and it seem to borrow a lot of triplett and downsouth type of rhythms, like I said I only listened to a few of the songs he had and I can't really go out there and put the label of hot on the ones i heard, maybe if I hear some more but the next time he was tryna play it i said no thanks LOL

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
seriously be the first on the west coast to play that shit, you will make mad mad mad cash

I have a friend I used to work with that's in a group that does this stuff. It's not my cup of tea, but he gets down. He just moved from Denver to Los Angeles with his group and has got some pretty nice pub out of it.

Homeboy was routinely working with KRS-One and a couple other notable emcee's and was broke. Went with his group to Cali and is raking in the cash.

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
from what i've heard it has a lot of potential to be super dope...i agree that it needs to be played on a good system though. i do see some resemblance to dnb as far as the synths they use and the name "dubSTEP" suggests it splintered off from dnb...that being said i think it's different enough to merit its independence. there's a lot of room for texture in this style for sure.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
it actually orginaeted from grime with i suppose it simialr to dirty south but from london

the point is that you can fully get down with this cuz of the double time aspect, proper bouncy shit

works well with dub as well

specailly when you see like 60 year old rastas skanking their assess of to this

yea calous is a sick tune

aother notable artists include

vex'd (sick on planet mu)
mala
loefah
digital mystiks
mary ann hobbs (who plays this shit all the time on radio 1)
pokes

just a few

C

Carpe Diem

Yeah Dubstep is fucking ILL. Check out those fellas Haze pointed out, but my personal fave is a dude neamed BURIAL, if you can, cop his LP which is SICK...

www.myspace.com/burialuk