Dubstep.

spartan265

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I've been making a lot of dubstep recently. I'm currently studying in the uk and its massive in certain areas so its been a huge influence recently. It really helped me with learning my snyths more. Anyway chase and staus's stuff is all pretty phat. They got the nasty dubstep

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Impossible to be in the UK and not be into dubstep right now, ive come to associate it with being wasted as its always on at the clubs. Really blown up comercially over the past year or so too, hope it doesnt start getting watered down though in the same way as hip hop, its gotta keep that raw essence. Get a bit bored of some tunes though cos a lot of it lacks melody, which is what im all about, prefer the remixes.

One of my favourite tunes - the drop is ridunklious

This is pretty dope

I had a go at a remix too here

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
Dubstep is now the tag for “forward thinking experimental bass music” personally I cant stand the half step stuff like Loefah and Mala – and im not digging the “thuggy” mid range bass wobble either – you know peeps trying to be heavier than heavy….

Im into the more abstract/deep stuff at the moment, like the stuff on Hyperdub (who have also released FlyLo, Samiyam, Ras G), Ramp (who did some stuff with Tokimonsta and I think Nosaj Thing) Hessle Audio, Hemlock etc….

You should check out Pangaea – sick, almost hip hop Dubstep, but not Dubstep, as the current flabvour of the month is “PROTO Dubstep/Future Garage” which is all about the bass, but used skippy 2 step rhythms, you know, push pull drums and that….

Its all about the feel as well, so if you are down with bounce I would check it out

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
mate am so into Noisia at the moment, the bass is ridiculous, resample, resample, resample, resample! been doing a couple of neurofunk bits and bobs recently, still turning more into IDM jungle, but hey!

i agree 85% of dubstep is absolute WANK!

Sub Focus is NOT dubstep btw.... he is gay ass commercial drum and bass.... who is trying to get down with the kids....

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
im actualy with Smackdown program, be sure to check their line ups (brian fury), its the crossover dnb, dubstep, breakbeat, breakcore, speedcore, schranz all into one :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VxD2-MAsR0"]YouTube - The Outside Agency & Donny - Among Us [FULL][/ame]

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
J mate, that tune is huge, is anyone putting that out? i want it.... lets put it out....

trying to get a p&d deal, if we do, we could vinyl that....we could digital it tomorrow! lets talk....

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
haha, its been put out already on Genosha 175 which is an awesome label owned by The outside agency aka eye-d & hidden...im already able to put stuff out if id put more effort to it, but im not..lol Smackdown is a venue/label, check it out http://www.smackdown-recordings.com/