Dynamic Producer members...Raise your hand

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
I wanted to know if there are any members of Dynamic Producer here on Illmuzik? If so, are you guys submitting CDs for the Indy Oppts? :wave:

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
I've seen dynamic producers but I never really thought of it as something serious because there has to be hundreds and thousands of others that are members aswell so really what are your chances for anything ?

Just my thoughts . . . I'd like to see what a member has to say though aswell

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
H&R said:
I've seen dynamic producers but I never really thought of it as something serious because there has to be hundreds and thousands of others that are members aswell so really what are your chances for anything ?

Just my thoughts . . . I'd like to see what a member has to say though aswell

there are alot of us from all over the U.S. and other countries. It is real serious. I think it is one of the best sites to join if you are a up and coming producer trying to get in the game. They have Indy Oppts every month or so. You do have to pay to be a member, but its worth it. I don't know what the chances are thats why I posted this thread. I just started submitting my demos this past August, haven't heard nothing yet. But my demos were sent to companies I submitted for, now its up to the artist or the A+Rs to choose beats from about 50 to 100 demos or so. I just submitted like at the end of August, no feedback yet, they have alot of CDs to go through. If I don't hear nothing in October, I know my shit was not picked. So I will just wait for the next Oppt to roll around and submitt again. I will step my game up as I go.

I found out about DP by reading KING magazine. I found out about ILLMUZIK, by being a member of DP and seeing it flash on the screen. See the pattern. :shoot:

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I been a member since the beginning when they were called Ear to da Streets. I found ill muzik thru them actually. Its good... but you out of it what you put in, so dont assume that just cuz you send a cd that youre gonna get ya foot thru the door. This nigga Jim Bond, also an original member, got a 10 song deal and did tracks with Ghostface and Trife.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I was Joined up since 2002 or the Evil Dee and Rockwilda panel September since Ear to da Streets also and attended at least 3 or 4 conferences and submitted hundred of beats too LOL......I'm not really active in it and did not renew this last spring becuz I been way too busy to get beat cd's ready for it....but if you have not attended any kind of panels or know absolutely nothing about how the music industry or really what being a producer in the industry is about or how it works this is a good resource, I was in ASCAP since 2001 but going to their conferences with BMI, SESAC, Just about every Major label exec, lawyers, clinics...I am out of breath and every top named producer OLD and New school its worth it.....to me, then from that you can take from it and continuously build your knowledge I look at two years being involved with the org as far as the INformation like a mini university......but as far as the beats and production aspect yes there is lots of competition but just like anything else you gotta shine for yourself, it will not be given.....and you actually have to leave the internet and your room and build LOL....oh yeah I found iLLmuzik awhile before it but I got turned on to it from a cat out here in DC that produces.

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
cleverwon said:
This nigga Jim Bond, also an original member, got a 10 song deal and did tracks with Ghostface and Trife.

That cat Jim, got skills. Alot of cats on there got skills. I hear he is getting $2500 a beat. Thats good dough for a cat who just broke in the Industry.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Naw man you dont understand, I was in the Rocafella session last August in Awe, Storm was in there to she will tell you, Jim uses only Fruity loops but the A&R had to listen to his songs thru at least 7 or so joints...I seen him play beats a few times and his shit is on point....perfect joints for ghostface too....he always had hard joints since the beginning too.....but just keep on your grind and find your niche you can get there too....not everyone can do a beat that ghostface likes though...think about it...LOL

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
Naw man you dont understand, I was in the Rocafella session last August in Awe, Storm was in there to she will tell you, Jim uses only Fruity loops but the A&R had to listen to his songs thru at least 7 or so joints...I seen him play beats a few times and his shit is on point....perfect joints for ghostface too....he always had hard joints since the beginning too.....but just keep on your grind and find your niche you can get there too....not everyone can do a beat that ghostface likes though...think about it...LOL

nah man...i wasn't knocking him or nothing. I heard his shit....dude nice as fuck. That shit amazed me when i went to his page and found out that he only uses FL.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Equelizer said:
That cat Jim, got skills. Alot of cats on there got skills. I hear he is getting $2500 a beat. Thats good dough for a cat who just broke in the Industry.
Word up, actually the way he linked up with ghost isnt thru DP directly. He went to a charity event that he knew Ghost was gonna be at and gave him a cd. He'd put a pic of Vida Guerra on his shits, that way you knew it was him from jump. That nigga really been grindin HARD for a minute now. He deserves it.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
His beats is aight. I got tons of ghostface type beats myself. He dont do anythin different than the next man wit using FL. Ill give him his props for grinding though. I aint gon front on dat.

nomezzy

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
Trife said:
how much is the membership on that site

i think like $30....i can't remember...

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
if you invest the 40 dawg to me its sort of crucial that you attend the conferences, I missed one because of scheduling and it was really good conference, they cost extra, 100 to like 400 dollars to go to because you can pay for it broken out.....but I learned a whole lot more than I thought I knew from the panels because you get to hear exactly how the business aspects of the industry work, the top heads of any label you can think of come there and spill their guts on topics from sampling, to placements, to how splits and points work, etc and they also have had lawyers to give you the legal aspects too, I mean where else can you have entertainment lawyers answer your questions for free?, if you search thru some of my older posts over the last few years I have left a lot of what I learned on various subjects on there, it also pays to join a publishing company like BMI or ASCAP they have a wealth of resources on how things work, I would recommend that if you cant really afford to join or attend conferences because there is a lot you can find out in books and learning in addtion, they have local chapters too, which yes I had a hand in the very beginnings of the concept here at the local chapter in DC and was asked to be the president in the very beginning but I was way too busy to be involved with it, its a good way to network if you have absolutely no contacts, ways to get artists or dont know how to get out and start working with artists or you just want to meet other producers.

Opera Populare

Graduate Of The Game
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
thanks man im sendin off my beats to get copyrighted next week as well as join ascap and i knew joinin would b a good move after reading the posts here and on their website but if i cant go to the conferences where the real info is then imma juss let it go but even if u dont go to the conferences u can still submit the demos when they have those types of things set up right??