E-mu soundcard?

Nick Diamond

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Does anybody have E-Mu sound card PCI ?? 1212m or 1820m ??

I am planing to buy one. But im not shure which one, -should i settle with 1212m?

I produce mainly on PC (using VST's) hooked up via midi controler and sometimes I play from my Korg keyboard .

P

Prolific0ne

1212m is the way to go...

... unless you need the internal 1820 I/O panel to plug into, get the 1212m! The only thing the 1820 has over it is the panel and more outputs. As long as you get the "m" version of the 1212, for what you do, it should do fine. The converters on the m series are the same as on the Pro Tools hardware, so you should be good to go for mixdown...

Nick Diamond

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I bought 1820m and I'm glad i did.

I have pluged in I/O box my keyboard via MIDI cable and via analog jacks (2 mono inputs , L/R) ,.. I have my KRK Rokit monitors, and my computer 2.1 speakers for multimedia on outputs. And I have plenty inputs for MIC, turtables and similar , which I may use in future.
E-Mu internal mixer is a great thing. And only now I see that there's never enough of I/O and 1212m would be mistake.

1820m is a gread deal and Im very happy whit it.

T

The Bastard

i had the 12 12 ,it was a lil glitchy sumtimes, but overall it was a good soundcard

members online