E-mu Sp1200

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I got the OL skool grey, I have not used it on 1 Beat or showcase on Illmuzik, I believe I used the ugly blue SP12 on the first or 2nd beat comp can't remember but I sold that to Drumatic he thinks he is too good for illmuzik he stays on beat society mostly but imma see if I can get him to join in this fun...LOL.......but I also use another newer emu piece too the Mo Phatt, haven't used that in any comps either but for the next sample this I will hopefully have the SP1200 back and healed up from it's prolonged illness...hahaha

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
I love yall Nuccaz for keepin' it gritty. I can say I bought it. But took it back for tha mp3000. But....I still want one. Katz be sayin' why? I'm like you don't understand. 1st off you getz ta be ª tru......tru.... Hip Hop lover/BEATMAKA. And if you don't sample why bother. Like tha MP, tha SP sound if itz own..... I love itz grimmieness grittieness itz hard...man oh yeah I just love tha way hi-hat sound when sampled on it (SP). As for me I would to have them both together.........almighty SP and tha almighty MP. Killer tag team............................

C

CooGi_dice

there a few sp's on ebay right now i was just looking since a freind of mine is thinking of selling hers.

i used to use a sp12, sold it cuz i wasnt using it much... it was one of my first peices of gear though.

C

CooGi_dice

there is one sp1200 up for 1,639$....

and the 2 sp12's i saw there auction just ended so i dont know how much they sold for.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
yeah I seen em cheaper, I sold my sp12 almost a year ago for around 450....I would get the 1200 because you can only load from the 5 1/4 inch floppy drive on the sp12 and the samples take forever to load or sample directly into it and save, but it holds the samples when you turn the power off........you'll have a lot more fun makings beats with the 1200, but make sure you get one that has at least some kind of 30 day guarantee or reconditioned especially if it's the original.....the original grey one has a power supply that gets VERY HOT .......Try to find a Black one that's the one they put a different power supply in and it's got newer components when they reissued it.....some of the old ic's and components are reaching their end of lifecycle, so not unless you have and O-scope and the schematic manual you will have to pay at least 100 or so labor wise and whatever part might be bad to get it fixed and ship it.......my piece will be back in my hands finally on Tuesday or Wednesday I had to ship it to Epr electronics in Florida, I had them completely recondition all of the pads, springs, and buttons not to mention my power supply that suddenly stopped working, but I changed the voltage regulator myself but it still had a few glitches.

R

Roberto Male

hi !

i really love the sp1200, i owned a sp12 too few years ago, really 80's internal sound, but you can produce with it !

i think the sp12 is good to run with a mpc because it is half price of a 1200, and you know there is an internal rom, you can save you favorité drums !!!

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I use it everyday. I love it and I will hopefully own one til the day I day. ( Famous last words) I use mine in conjunction with the eps 16+.

ill o.g.
I never owned one.

If i ever start makin more money i might check it out. But Does it have a sequencer? And whats the diffrerence between the SP12 and SP1200?

Thanks.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I've had one for about five years, I have a love hate thing goin on
love:
- the way it can take any sample recorded at 45, you slow it down and it's just sweet. Especially pitched up rhodes samples, wow
- the sequencer swings, and it's got it's own sonic blueprint, you thow an SP beat over a thin reason beat and all of a sudden it's bangin... amazing stuff. Plus it's huge in the club on a big system, those SP records are just thick as hell...
- sample editing with the sliders is so much better than a knob, just a great hands on way to trim samples, much more fun than staring at a screen and playing with a cursor and a knob
Hate:
- those 3.5" DD disks, you need to format em everytime you want to save a beat, then you have fifty or a hundred of these things lying around the studio
- the fact that everyone knows it's a one of a kind piece with a one of a kind sound, which is why it's still getting top dollar. I could pay off one of my credit cards if I just got rid of it, but then I hear it on a record and just can't bear to be without it..

So yeah, it's as good as you want it to be, pros and cons like every piece of gear....
My two
Dahkter

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I really want a sp1200 now, and saw on on ebay right now for a little over $1400. Thats too much for me, but the guy claims its hardly been used.

members online