East Coast & West Coast Bias

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was talkin to one of my homies who from culver city Los Angeles last week, and he feels that many west coast artists aren't getting recognized in todays industry because of an east coast bias. Im from from Queens, but im still realistic, I was feelin what he what he was talkin about. I was listening to Knocturnal's album, and he showed me that he's got mad skills in flippin the beats he spits on as far as his hooks and his lyrics, not to mention the bangin production. I also know that his distributor, Elektra is only gonna push out 1 million copies, which means they dont want to market it to go platinum..What do y'all think about the alleged east coast bias in the rap game?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
im not sure its an east coast bias as such but yea at the mo a lot of the more 'commercial' rappers are from the east ! but i think thats just more conicidence that the more marketable rappers have come from the east, away from the mainstream theres no bias at all !
The west has always been more dominated by the more hardcore gangster stuff which isnt as popular right now as it was in the mid 90s !

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Right now is Dirty South's Time on Industry bottom lines and profits.... and by coincidence it is mostly East\South Coast...midwest.....They are the money makers for the labels outside of G unit shidd....and a lot of RNB......West needs new trends now.....the North needs new Trends....I don't know who's next...but it's coming...I think it is probably some Indie with original material that gets bought out and marketed.....but it has to have appeal that people buy it all over.

AHXBEATS

AHXIMUS PRIME
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
The whole game is changing right now, it aint really no eastcoast bias sh!t.. It's these radio Dj's, or should I say RADIO ROBOTS playin all this crap. I got mad love for west coast artists. And Noc. is ill. I like his flow. But the radio is only playin bullshit, so cat's like that will never get no shine unless it's on a mixtape.. Me personally I don't even listen radio.. I just buy mixtapes, I'm tried of complaining about hearing the same songs over and over, so I don't even tune in. I just stay up to date on mixtapes though. They play the kind on music I wanna hear anyway.

People need to Boycott the fuckin Radio and maybe they'll Change there tune.. Just an idea.. But that will probably never happen because to many people are weak and will give in to the radio, No will power.. To some people quiting radio is like quiting smoking... Personally the shit is boring anyway, and has to much gossip for me to handle. I wish I knew how to start a pirate radio station, Id shut down the whole radio industry... What are they gonna due sue me.. Go ahead my credit is shit anyway... And they aint gonna see know real money from me anyway.... (straight money shufflen).

X-RAY
"aka" Jewel Avenue OX

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
not to mention that there's way too many robot ass people who just buy everything that is shoved down their throat... too many people love only the latest and greatest robot song that hits the radio or tv...

It's a damn shame that world is a huge herd of cows walking off the same cliff.

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Word, too many people dont know ish about hip hop, they just listen to whatever to whatevers being played on the radio and thats what they go out and buy..too many people no thinkin for themselves and buying into industry fads
tony in queens

H

Holla

is there anyway to get around whats on tv and on the radio??? of course theres tons more better stuff out there, but how do u get it to people without those 2 sources. i mean, those are the main drives that cause people to fall victim to industry fads. theres the internet but it obviously doesnt compare much to radio and tv. i guess u gotta just give it time.....