Eastern Conference Finals

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah they are definitely the strongest team on their side...I think those guys just like playing for Doc Rivers and they play extremely well together as a team. When they are healthy, its hard to beat them period.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I'm still going for the Magic...shit...why not? I'm in the Orlando area...

It looks bad for the Magic, but hopefully the overconfidence will be the Celtics doom...

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I like Boston.

Its all about putting the ball in the hole. And I don't care how old you are, if you can do that, you win.

Carter choked on free throws. They lost. Simple.

Boston is ill because they drop shots all the way around. If it's not Allen, it's Pierce, Garnet or Rondo. Orlando had a chance but they are doing the same thing PHX is doing, choking. I blame Howard. He is not taking things as serious as he should. I think it is his youth.

Phoenix has a chance against LA but they are not putting the ball in the hole when LA makes their surges but more importantly, they have not stopped LA yet. LA scores at will. Only time PHX gets close is when LA misses shots. if PHX was hitting the shots they have been hitting all year, they could be beating LA right now. But guys are not showing up. Frye sux ass right now and Amare just doesn't have a killer mentality.

Watch the attitudes of the LA players. They want to win. Same thing with Boston players. It is not a game for them. I Boston might win it all again because they have so many thirsty players. I have no doubt Kobe will show up to play. I just don't know if the rest of his team will.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I blame Howard. He is not taking things as serious as he should. I think it is his youth.

come on guy, he dropped 30 points last game....how much more seriously can they take it. Rashard Lewis isnt making his shots and Vince Carter is awful in the playoffs. Howard is doing his thing.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Howard is the reason why they didn't lose by 20 points...

The rest of the team has to step it up offensively...

The only person playing with urgency was JJ Redick...Someone who is known as a spot up shooter was taking the ball to the paint and creating. Jameer needs to be more of a point guard than a shooting guard. Rondo's showing him how it's done...

So I'm still going for the Magic...

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I like Boston.

I blame Howard. He is not taking things as serious as he should. I think it is his youth.

i don't blame howard, but i do agree that he's not taking things as serious as he should be. he's on the court laughing and talking with the fans, with 2 minutes left and his team down by 5. save that shit for after the game when you're signing autographs, not at a pivotal point in the game....a playoff game nonetheless.

Sucio said:
Jameer needs to be more of a point guard than a shooting guard. Rondo's showing him how it's done...

Jameer has always been a shoot first point guard, so this isn't surprising at all.

i HATE the Celtics with a passion (always been a laker fan since i started watching ball in the 80's...magic, kareem, etc.), but i think that they're just the better team. orlando doesn't match up. in order for orlando to win, everybody has to have a good game. howard, nelson, carter, and petrius. vince went off in game 1, howard went off in game 2, but it's not enough. boston is too deep. stop pierce, there's garnett and rondo. stop garnett, rasheed is going to kill you off the bench. ray allen can miss all game, but he's going to hit 'em in crunch time 9 out of 10 times. even davis, and the other allen are getting quality minutes. their depth is the only thing that has me worried against the lakers. it should be a hell of a series!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Yeah...

I think Pierce's little comment after Game 2 should spark a fire up the Magic's asses..

I mean being in the conference finals should be spark enough...but you know....

I think Howard smiling is a good thing, he's enjoying the game. He's having fun...He scored 30 points...shit..what do you want from the guy?

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Its funny how the media forgets the celtics did win the championship two years ago with the exact same starting 5, and Rondo wasnt half the player he is now. To me its no surprise they whooping on everyone now.

He scored 30 points...shit..what do you want from the guy?

Yeah, thats how Lebron was the last game when the celtics eliminated the cavs. He had a triple double and still got criticized. when a player gets a triple double and the media still clownin you, something is wrong.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Those guys just work very well together and they enjoy playing for their coach, its that simple. With Rondo, Pierce, Garnett and Allen the Celtics can afford for one or maybe two of them to have a bad game...no other team in the NBA can do that imo, not even the Lakers. The Celtics are stronger and deeper overall than anybody...lol. Basically the Celtics just have the right chemistry to kick er'bodys @$$.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
And they all got healthy and found a groove at the right time, in the playoffs....

Just like the NY Giants in '08

members online