electronica

• beat this! voting starts in...

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
hey what up yall ain't been here in a while, but i got a question I got a friend intersted in producing, but he does'nt want to make hip hop, he is really into electronica/trance/techno ect.

so i really don't know what to tell him to get, I was thinking just get reason and have at it. But what else could he get to make electronic music.

he has a good laptop, 2 gigs of memory 120gb hd, intel duo core processor, so he can run anything.

I was thinking reason, or abelton live and vsts

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Well, I think FL Studio is actually more for that kind of music than for hiphop... most featured songs in the program are techno, dance trance, etc....

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
x-squizet said:
hey what up yall ain't been here in a while, but i got a question I got a friend intersted in producing, but he does'nt want to make hip hop, he is really into electronica/trance/techno ect.

so i really don't know what to tell him to get, I was thinking just get reason and have at it. But what else could he get to make electronic music.

he has a good laptop, 2 gigs of memory 120gb hd, intel duo core processor, so he can run anything.

I was thinking reason, or abelton live and vsts

I also make Detroit Techno, GhettoTech, Minimal Techno, Deep House, and the odd DnB/Jungle track alongside Hip Hop. Tell your friend to get deep into FL Studio 6 XXL, add to it Novation V-Station and BassStation, Waldorf Attack, NI FM7, Pro53, and Absynth. For filters, the Waldorf D-Pole and Prosoniq NorthPole (free!!!) are great. If he's really into Big Beat and stuff like that, then he'll also need Kontakt and/or Battery (though the FPC template in FL Studio will do some of what Battery is capable of). Since he'll also need linear sequenced tracks, have him pick up either Cubase SX3, Sonar 5, or ProTools and rewire FL Studio to it. In the case of Cubase and Sonar, FL Studio can be used as a VSTi within the app.

If he's into trance (yech...) then all of the above, but the focus will be on FM7 and Sytrus for those trance leads.