thumper 7

Here we go again ...

They have brought up some stuff....

Here is a c/p of MTV article and a soundclick link
MTV
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1480512/20031118/eminem.jhtml?headlines=true
Soundclick
http://www.soundclick.com/util/DownloadSong.cfm?ID=700248

Now I don't know if the MTV link is working still..because they took the article down...but they had to put it back up there.

Eminem found himself on the defensive Tuesday (November 18) after The Source magazine owners Ray Benzino and Dave Mays held a press conference to play a recording of the MC delivering racial slurs.

On the first of two tracks purportedly recorded in 1993, an audibly young Slim Shady raps, "All the girls I like to bone have big butts/ No they don't, 'cause I don't like that n----- sh--/ I'm just here to make a bigger hit."

The second track featured Eminem rapping about a black girlfriend he broke up with. "Blacks and whites, they sometimes mix/ But black girls only want your money, 'cause they're dumb chicks," he rhymes. Later in the freestyle Em raps, "Never date a black girl, because blacks only want your money/ And that sh-- ain't funny."

The first track was only a few lines long, but the second track went on for several minutes with Em — seemingly rhyming off the top of his head — repeatedly saying he did not like black girls and that they were only out to get money. Both tracks sounded amateurish.

"Don't make this right now a double standard," Benzino said at the press conference. "We gotta treat this the same way you treat Mike Tyson, like you treat Kobe Bryant, like you treat R. Kelly, like you treat O.J. Simpson."

Eminem responded by insisting he isn't racist and explaining that the recording was made when he was young, foolish and angry.

"Ray Benzino, Dave Mays and The Source have had a vendetta against me, Shady Records and our artists for a long time," Eminem said in a statement. "The tape they played today was something I made out of anger, stupidity and frustration when I was a teenager. I'd just broken up with my girlfriend, who was African-American, and I reacted like the angry, stupid kid I was. I hope people will take it for the foolishness that it was, not for what somebody is trying to make it into today."

Eminem, 50 Cent and the rest of the Shady/Aftermath team have had a long-running feud with The Source, fueled by Benzino's accusations that the media operate on a double standard when it comes to the multiplatinum white MC and that an artist of color could never get away with saying some of the things Em says in his music (see "Benzino Ignites Beef By Calling Eminem '2003 Vanilla Ice'").

After their comments, Benzino and Mays refused to entertain questions about the tape and its origins. They did say they plan to include a CD of the Eminem recordings in February's issue, and they promised another press conference concerning Eminem will be held in the future, when they'll answer questions and have civic leaders and members of the hip-hop community on hand.

Now to me it's all bad but the reality is the african american community through rap set it self up for this...rarely in such proportions do you find the musical counter part in other genres degrading their women to the extent as rap does...

also for it to have been more effective the Source should have leaked it to a credible -laughs- news source that would have been willing to make it public....

which of course would have brought validity to the point they are making...

SO

unless someone "greens" this it's just going to look like more hip hop infighting.

Moreover a lot of people are racist anyway and don't care ...enough of me your thoughts....

Please let's keep this a civil thread...I am new here but I've read some good threads that went to the piss pot for no reason....

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Benzino is only out to get at Eminem anyway he can. Em shitted on him lyrically, so this is the kind of shit Benzino has to resort to. Obviously Em's words struck Benzino badly if he is still sitting at his desk at The Source offices thinking about how to get back at the white boy.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
its sumthing that woz done years ago obviously out of rage on the spur of th moment against an ex ! no exactly like hes trying to stir up racial tension ! but it just goes to show wen benzino has to resort to this to try and win publicity !

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I heard about this this morning on Hot97 Morining show,,,,my work car aint got no CD player!! Anyway, Sway from Mtv was on there and said it is a double standard and I have to totally agree with him. I"m not a big fan of either artist but let's face facts...

CleverWon basically hit tha nail on tha head, but how can Benz even start this whole white rapper shit. Dude's half italian himself. (or whatever white) Then he gonna go and make a fool of himself just on that standpoint alone. He got too much time on his hands. he's just jealous that he cant sell records like Em. So he wants to shut him down. Even if Em's career was hurt by this,,,is anyone really gonna by a Benzino album??? He's wack!!!

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I could see why Em could hate black people at the time, He was gettin' his ass beat by one everyday. But I heard the tape, It doesn't sound anything like him.

"I don't anything to do with any NIGGERDOM! It'sa me! Em-a-nem!"

T

thumper 7

ok...

got some views , got some responses good, good,

ok now EXCLUDE benzino...say MTV broke the news FIRST.....

or some other media outlet...

would the people who are hating on benzino have the same view....just a thought....

the whole out of rage thing is PR damage control but....anyway thanks for the replies...

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
personaly if we were to justify anyones crime out of rage then wed have alot of reason to let killers, murders, and such and such go, I feel eminems comments he made towards african americans should be held accountable for, im glad he explained his actions but at the same time I think he should deal with the repercussions...no one can just say nigger and think everything is gonna be cool cause you got pissed off....

as for benzino and the source Im sick of it to the point i already cancled my subscription cause its turning into a anti interscope records magazine, personaly I think benzinos ARGUMENT is right, about the media however he has no crediblity to make such a argument I think Jay Z or russel simmons should someone who doesnt have personal diffrences with Eminem...really its how the m edia portrays white people and black people diffrently my 50 cents..

Marval

I need work
ill o.g.
This is pretty stupid if you ask me anything Bitchzeno
can do to bring down Eminem the man he can't be i mean
now he's dissin Fabulous and the Westside connection come
on now be a man Ray. Peace

E

Equality 7-2521

at least eminem admited that he mad those bad comments out of ingnorance. he gets my respect for that

Soulja

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
First off let me say I don't agree with eminem saying what he said, But I totally disagree with the double standard. I don't know how many time I've heard black rappers say cracker,honkey, and other racist terms but that shit is just accepted.

Bishop

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
who cares if Eminem sad those things about black girls .... I have more inportant things to worry about, like my own carrer. If he is a racist (which he is not) but continues to make good music I'll still buy his shit. I hear blacks talk about white people and white women all the time and ain't shit ever said ...... So if Al Pacino played a racist on a movie are we really going to belive it? No, because its a movie, entertainment..... so is music. I can't understand why people take things so damn serious ... sometimes men act like bitches ... but plain and simple who cares!

Fuck Benzino .... he is a bitch because he talks about being street and 50 snitching. but yet he's hating on 50, Em and Dre in the latest Source ... thats not keepin it street, thats a fag move ....thats damn near like snitching ....

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
I think Em was just in a dark place for a short period of time, and obviously was just speaking his mind. If this recording occured years ago, it in NO way should be an issue today. Benzino IS just trying to bring up some dirt on Em, and his attempts are just childish and ignorant. Obviously if Eminem is the only white artist in the commercial part of this industry, he's not racist. LoL.

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Yo on the real eminem probably made the tracks but i mean sometimes people who beef with someone else or are bothered by something they make a song about it. People were sayin if he was upset with his girl why didnt he make a song about her and say her name instead of saying ni999er and black this and that....i mean he names his moms and his baby momma when he tryna play them and he names ja rule when he's playing them why not just play the black girl that broke his heart......but then again he was young at the time and young people do young things, i think its just something he did cause the girl probably hurt him or something. black people say cracker and white people are "white colar crooks who jookz on lap tops" - 50 cent........so hey i say dont sweat it its nothing

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
THESE GUYS RAY BENZINO AND DAVE MAYS DONT UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE PLAYIN WITH PEOPLS LIVES FOR COMPETITION. THIS IS SO CHILDISH BUT THE BACKLASH OF THIS IS GOIN TO BE INCREDIBLE.
GOD BLESS HIP HOP, CUZ WE ARE ABOUT TO ENTER TROUBLED TIMES.

YOU GUYS WILL HEAR MORE FROM ME.......

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
Originally posted by K.O.
i think its just something he did cause the girl probably hurt him or something...

Duh. An intelligent response. ?

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
At the time Em was just mad at his black girlfriend who he had just broken up with, I didnt like it when I first heard it but I wouldnt want nobody censoring me. Shit at times I see things I probably shouldnt in freestyles on tape but thats what happens you say alot of dumb shit in freestyles. I really dont wanna hear bullshit about double standards because I dont want every white rapper in America to start thinkin that its ok to talk bad about our sistas, but as far as that tape goes Em was like how old 18-19 I can understand to an extent that he was expressing his feelins at the time and that those comments he made on that tape were comments directed at his ex not all black women just the same way he disses Kim.