Eminem ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Eminem ... yeah I'm hatin this white boy but I wanna know if anybody is respectin that fag, up in here.

Theres only one white rapper who can fuck with the rest : Lil Wyte
He's no white clown sucking dicks and showin his face in those girly magazines.
I hate eminem. Thatz all I can say about him, but he really had to be in this industry cause lil white retarded, dumb idiots need somebody similar to them. They need somebody just like them.

But I'm disgusted that people who don't know shit about hip-hop, think that these lame boy is a rapper.

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
first off im not going to say that EM is hip hop. I was raised on hip hop and thats not it. I like Em though it's truth you liked NWA when they dropped right? Its new its fresh its real, so he's white but we cant hold that on him. He speaks the truth. music has much feeling and thats what makes is so great. you dont like him thats cool and i respect you for saying so, but i do and thats that.

ONE!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Eminem was hilarious and refreshing when he first came out, but now I'm kind of sick of him. He's very good at what he does and he has a lot of skill, but you can't say he sucks!

The whole "white" debate is played out. He's popular and he creates controversy every time he touches the mic, so that's why so many people are on his dick. And of course, anytime there's a young "cute" looking entertainer, all the teen girls go nuts and freak out and buy all his posters and CDs. But don't hate him because of that.

I think the main reason why most people are fed up with him is because he's all over the place. That happens with any artist. When they're in the spotlight for too long, people start to get sick of them. Bottom line, he's dope, but a little played out.

C

Copenhagen

He's dope, but a lot played out.

Your favourite meal ain't going to keep being your favourite meal if it's served to you everyday, over and over again. Not that Em was ever my favourite, only a few songs appealed to me...but that only makes me even more irritated that he's everywhere.

However, I think he's way much better than Lil' whyte.

Helios, why keep mentioning the fact that he's white, what does that have to do with his music? How old are you?

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Other rappers are always talkin bout drugs and guns, but when this fag was talkin about killing somebody, some people ( those white aged people who go to church every week lol) thought they had to do something against him because he is evil.
That's hilarious and he's talkin bout himself like he's a kinda genious or what. He has a nice flow and he can drop some rhymes but he's just a lil clown. There are other white rappers who are real but they have to hustle hard to come up in the rap business just like all other rappers. But that fag mad an idiot out of himself, so never somebody will compare him to a real rapper, thaz why he came up in the rap game. He had music for the "no brains", teenies and white boys with huge inferiority complexes.

He only came up because he was talkin shit and made a clown out of himself. There was never any credibility or something else, just some so called "hip-hop" for 13 years old girls claimin he's da man lol.

And Lil Wyte isn't makin a fool out of himself. Anyway I feel Lil Wyte cause itz my style and love those lyrics.

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Eminem is an amazing rapper. He has made some good songs and brought Hip Hop to a lot of people who knew nothing about it. You can argue weather that is a good or bad thing but if you look past the fact that he is everywhere and played out, you can't say he is not a good rapper. Whats with this '' I hate that white boy '' , can't you just say '' I hate this prick '' or something, why is colour such a big issue?

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You're right that he brought hip-hop to people who knew nothing about hip-hop. When you talk about eminem colour is a big issue, if slim shady was a black rapper, there wouldn't have been this hype. He would have been just another big mouth talkin dumb shit.

I read somewhere a so called funny sentence like the whole world is upside down : the germans dont want to go to war, the best rapper is a white guy...
It should have been a joke but it's really sad that people ( not Hip-Hop activists) are thinkin that eminem belongs to that culture.

It ain't about colours, it's about the rules of the game. And eminem doesn't belong to the game. He took something that didn't belong to him, turned it into some funny shit and sold it to the whole world. Think about it.

(Afterwards there was a bunch of white parents demonstrating against that white guy because he's such a violent rapper. Violence is a part of Hip-Hop, but Eminem isn't a part of that.)

C

Copenhagen

What the...???

Is violence a part of Hip-Hop? This culture started in order for people to battle eachother in mc'ing, dj'ing, breakdancing, graffitti etc, instead of using violence or killing eachother. Hip-Hop is therefore actually anti-violent...there's just some stupid motherfuckas who don't understand that and people who take Gangster Rap way to seriously.

Eminem has paid dues doing freestyle battles and open mic nights for some years. Also, Eminem got props way back for some single collaborations f.x. "5 Star Generals" with Shabaam Shadeeq. I liked that and some of his first shit. Eminem was just lucky. It was either or with his style. Either people were going to love it big time or hate it big time...luckily for him he has now sold millions. What you not exploit that? Of course you would.

What colour are you?

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm white as cocaine and dope as cocaine. *LOL*
I only hang with black people who are feelin hip-hop the way I do.
And Gangsta Rap is playin a big role in this game.

At the moment I'm studyin for my final exams and I'm readin enough intelligent books, I don't need no "intelligent" hip-hop. Without Gangsta Rap Hip-Hop music wouldn't be on this level at the moment.

In my country most people who listen to real hip-hop music are black people or other foreigners. If you go to a hip-hop party in Luxembourg you will find nothing but black people or latinos. In our country the society is divided in two camps, white music and black music. And most of them lux. people hate foreigners or hip-hop music.
Our favourite hip-hop club is known as a violent club, there have been a lot of riots or deads. That's why the boys they call "rappers" are considered to be violent or criminal. It sounds funny but most of them who are representing our hip-hop scene are drugdealers or other criminals, even those boyz in my groupe were in jail. Thatz no clichee or fake gangsta shit *lol*
In germany it's very different, but in France like in Luxembourg hip-hop music belongs to the foreign and poor people who are rejected by society or by the middle/upper class.
We also have breakdance groups and some graffiti artists ( who arent representing really the hip-hop scene), but I think those elements will die... or will become less popular because in country's like Germany, like Guru said, it's like in the U.S. 15 years ago, really oldschool style, but this gon change.

I never said something like dj'in wouldnt belong to hip-hop, I also got a dj... but the point is that hip-hop ain't violent free faggot music. In France Hip-hop artists are expressin their feelings about their fucking government, hip-hop should be raw and uncut, ...

'Nuff said ... ciao.

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I don't hate M&M w/ peanuts...he's got a little flow for a white boy...Only time will tell if he's a true MC. Can he change up it style when needed or is he going to sound the same till he's 50.

C

Copenhagen

It seems to me that you either influenced by your 'black' friends or plain jealous.

Do you only hang with black people that are also feeling Hip-Hop the way you do or are you only hanging with black people period?

Yeah, gangster rap is playing a big role in the mainstream, you're right.

Your intellectual books don't tell you about intellectual street life and it seems to me that you should read more of those intellectual books, they obviously aren't sticking to you.

Do you personally think it's cool that people make riots or are killed at your club? Or that you have this division? Or that people are drugdealers and criminal? It seems so...you almost bragging about it. Don't you think that black people (or any people) in the US who are unfortunate to live in ghetto's would wish they weren't. It seems to me that you are trying to much to be something that really ain't you and ain't cool.

Denmark is like Germany a lot. And we all cherish Hip-Hop for what it really is and Graffitti, Dj'ing etc will never die. Cause that's a part of the culture. We aren't like the US 15 years ago. We aren't old school. Our culture is just more unspoiled and preseved.

Talking about funny stuff, the US rappers that I've met around Copenhagen when they've been on tour always mention places like Denmark, Germany etc as they favourite places in Europe...how come?

Lat but not least, Hip-Hop should be raw. But that doesn't mean you gotta be gangster unless that's your only way out...which I doubt coming from a little rich ministate called Luxembourg

To anybody else on this board with an opinion, please join in.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah Luxembourg... a rich ministrate... but in our country there's a lot of poverty and everybody's hidin this... nobody's is talkin bout them. A lot of young dont have the chance to get a real education because there are some problems that yall dont have. Our public schools teach 3 languages: french, german and english. If you don't speak any german you won't pass any exams, same with french. So those people like albanians or portuguese people are forced to leave school for example when they arrive in luxembourg at the age of 14 or even 12. They wont be able to adapt and they wont be able to learn all these languages as quick as they should. So they don't have a chance in our system.

Treynine39

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
It seems to me that this cat thinking violence is a part of Hip Hop knows nothing about real Hip Hop and does not respect the culture, which in turn is dissing the forefathers of Hip Hop. If violence was part of this would all the Hip Hop cats from both coasts have come out with ANTI-violence songs in the late '80's? Self Destruction is a classic, and it's preaching exactly against what dude thinks Hip Hop is. Besides, violence has taken out many great rappers and pioneers, so ask a true Hip Hop head if thats what it's all about.
As for the whole scene where cat is from, ok so you think your the cool guy becasue you have "black" friends, big deal! Hip hop has crossed boundries to where it doesn't matter who you chill with. Color isn't an issue. There are truer Hip Hop fans in China than dude, and they might not have any "black" friends.
In all, I think dude is a fake thug. And with his young tactics, really needs to freshen up his Hip Hop knowledge. And if he can't respect Em's flow and respect for the culture, YET defend little Wyte, who doesn't hold an ounce of talent as Em. Then there seems to be no hope for cat.

N

NottyBeatz

true,
the hip hop elements are bboy, bbox, mc, graffitti, and DJ so we should stick to those things and refrain from any pulse of bad behavior steamed from the music.

oNe Notyz

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
When I'm talkin about eminem colour is an issue, when I'm talkin about hip-hop, colour ain't an issue. But in my country other people brought hiphop in... not any natives were living hip-hop. Now when eminem's on the radio other people started to listen to hip-hop, not only eminem. But in our country hip-hop is now something like a hype, a lot of middle class cats and faggots start to be hiphop. A lot of wannabes. That dont even know shit about it.

I know about the forefathers, about the beginning, I read books, I bought ol' cd's from 82 to 88 and in the meanwile I was listening to RZA or Gangstarr, but I switched to shit that most of them lux. people don't even know. I had to change... I never pretended that memphis rap is sth really intelligent.

I only want to say that I'm chillin with cats that were Hip-Hop since the beginning, people with family livin in the states livin hip-hop, elder brothers who are mc'in, the ones who have been the first with the newest gear, the ones who make hip-hop parties, who are representin hip-hop on tv, who are known in our country like eminem in yo country, those who live hip-hop. Not any fake cats acting like their live's hard ... mc'in like yo grandma on tranquilizers.

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by Helios
When I'm talkin about eminem colour is an issue, when I'm talkin about hip-hop, colour ain't an issue. But in my country other people brought hiphop in... not any natives were living hip-hop. Now when eminem's on the radio other people started to listen to hip-hop, not only eminem. But in our country hip-hop is now something like a hype, a lot of middle class cats and faggots start to be hiphop. A lot of wannabes. That dont even know shit about it.

That's life for any subculture. Once in a while its going to reach the surface and become a trend. A lot of people that don't care about our culture are going to pretend they know and start wearing hip-hop gear and stuff. A couple of years later when f.x. Hard Rock is the trend, they're going to grow long hair and wear black tight jeans. It can be a little irritating but don't let that get in the way. When Hip-Hop surfaces as a trend some rappers are lucky to ride the wave and will of course exploit it to make every penny they can before it dies down again. Who wouldn't? You can't blame Eminem for that. Also, the good thing is that 5-10% of the people who join our culture during a trend also stick to it...I'm an example of that when Hip-Hop was big here in the late 80's-early 90's.

One last thing, I was - and I'm sure many others in here too - a bit like you when I was 17-19. Feeling that these trend people were ruining what I love so much. That's a part of growing in the culture...in some years from now I'm sure that you will recognize our opinions and agree.

B

Big La

I remember when i first heard him in a bunch of freestyles on the wakeup show. I didn't know if he was white or black. I just knew he was dope, and one of the reasons i was tunin' in to the show to hear if he was gonna do freestyles.

As for his skills, i have to admit Em is dope. As for his music, i haven't felt him since he put out "I Don't Give A Fuck". Plus, i was really diggin' some of his stuff he did with Royce Tha 5 9.

I remember an article talking about how Dre urges dope lyricist to tone down their lyrics and delivery as a means of being more accessible to the public. He did it first with Eminem, and then with Xzibit. That shit is weak.

Overall, I got about 40 emimen freestyles in my mp3 collection, and 2 of his songs. nuff said.

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Eminem is alright with me, he does tend to trash his mother to much, byt when he wants to, he can bang out some ill shit.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
i think em can b heavy n wack, on renegade he was sick den on without me, i dont kno wat da hell is goin on...generally i dont feel da guy n i feel his success has come from mainly being white, i kno he has talent, but if he were black would he sell n appeal 2 all those lil white gurls n lil white boys?
i dont hate on him, i jus c him as anotha rapper whose albums i wouldnt buy...
ive heard of white rappa called copyright, i heard few of his trcks n all i can say is he got versatile flows

Status
Not open for further replies.