Emulating the Albums

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Greetings Friends and Family,

I have been listening to many albums lately. In the past I have made all my productions without this critical experience and I find it profound. I have been using various virtual instruments on my midi keyboard but now realize that when I compose without samples I seem to completly miss the professionalism of the lovely artists I admire, both production-wise and lyrist-wise.

When you beautiful artists compose your works without samples what rules do you follow?

I have found that there is a delicate balance that I personally am understanding from Belafonte's Calypso to Jonah Jones Bop Jazz.

Point of this thread is to identify each members favorite genre and their heirarchy of instruments.

wordup,
-chrono t

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This could get big. I'll start with Be-bop. As a saxophonist myself, this genre allowed me to explore outside the "rules" of "jazz" and apply scales that one would normally not associate with the particular chord progression. As Dre said, "but it all blends perfectly".

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yes, and i have noticed that my drums have been too loud because i am not a drummest. I have found that the main instrument of the musican has the lead. So that a trumpetest would be louder than other instruments, unless the trumpetest wanted to highlight their own skills by double-majoring their "producing talent" by raising another instrument of less practice above their main talent to give their music depth.