Equipment questions...

R

rdhartman

Okay, ive been a member to this site for quite sometime, but i wanted to wait until i had all my basic 'needs' purchased and ready to start posting and talkin about music production.

Ive got a CTK800 keyboard, an MPD16, and a Telecaster guitar and amp. Those are my instruments im using.
I recently bought a dv2120 HP laptop with dual core 65X2 Athalon with 100GB hd. Ive got a a Gateway E series with a 1 1/2 GB of ram and a 300GB HD.

The laptop is going to be my dedicated workstation. The Keyboard i got is my first one ive bought and its a Beast to be luggin around anywhere. Anyone have any ideas on a reliable but affordable (200-400$) midi controller.

Also if anyone knows any good m-audio equipment for recording for guitar your input would be greatly appreciated.

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Midi Controller I would recommend is the M-Audio Axiom series. They have semi-weighted keys, it aint no deal breaker though, so check those out.

damird

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Man I bought a M-Audio Radium 49 Midi Controller year and a half ago for like 150 and that sucker still works perfect. 8 sliders, 8 knobs, mod, pitch, 49 velocity sensitive keys, octave button... it really works great and is affordable. U can probably find better quality controller, but it wont have 49 keys, it might have 25 or such. The more keys u have the better and 49 is just enough for me.

R

rdhartman

well guys thanks for the advice. I went to guitar center and picked up a M-audio oxygen8 V2, and a M-audio black box, a alesis usb8multimix, and an acoustic guitar. Im plugging in the Casio to the Black box aswell as a my guitar and I dont care what others say bout the black box, that is a piece of work. Tons of amps and tons of effects. Now im still workin on the oxygen8 but slowly figuring it out. Thanks again for the help.