Erykah Badu is back and ready to bust her guns

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Singer/songwriting pioneer Erykah Badu is set to release her third studio album, Worldwide Underground on September 16th. Last week, the lead single "Danger" from Worldwide Underground was leaked to radio and was immediately put into significant rotation at major stations across the country. Motown Records will officially go for adds on "Danger" in early August. The single was produced by Badu and was co-written with R.C. Williams.

The album comes on the heels of Ms. Badu winning the 2003 BET Award for "Video Of The Year" for her Grammy-winning hit single, "Love of My Life (An Ode To Hip-Hop)." Badu, who made an indelible mark on the music world with her critically- acclaimed 1997, 5x platinum-certified debut Baduizm, continues to be a trend-setter with her newest offering, Worldwide Underground. The album contains new songs Badu has been performing on tour dates over the past year and includes collaborations with Lenny Kravitz ("Back In The Day") and Queen Latifah, Angie Stone and Bahmadia on a re-working of Sugar Hill's all-female rap trio Sequence's "Funk You Up." A recent New York Times concert review praised the new material, describing it as "thrilling."

After the release of the Dallas native's ground-breaking debut Baduizm, she followed-up with the double platinum-certified live album, Erykah Badu - Live in 1997, and then in 2000, with her double-platinum sophomore set, Mama's Gun. Her ground-breaking work has earned the four-time Grammy winner a string of awards and accolades. Her previous hits include" "On & On," "Next Lifetime," "Tyrone," "Bag Lady," "You Got Me" with The Roots, and of course, "Love Of My Life (An Ode To Hip-Hop)."

In August, Erykah Badu will be honored with the "Entertainer of the Year Award" named for Aretha Franklin at this year's Soul Train Lady Of Soul Awards. She is also nominated in three other Lady of Soul categories for "Love Of My Life": (Best R&B/Soul Single, Solo, R&B/Soul or Rap Song of the Year, and Best R&B/Soul or Rap Music Video). The annual two hour-primetime TV special will be broadcast live from the Pasadena Civic Auditorium on Saturday, August 23rd.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I gotta check for that. Her 1st album was very dope, I just hope she doesn't lean towards more of a hiphop style, just stay with soul.

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Man Erykak is a bad girl, I got to see her in concert about 3weeks ago. She can rock a show. She got a strong live voice. Stronger than I thought. Then she sexy as hell without over doing it. That one artist I would like to get down with.