Ever try to Re-Make any of your Favourite beats?

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
Ever try to Remake any of your favourite beats?

I just wanted to know if there is many of you that ever try to remake any of your favoruite beats that you have'nt produced to see how close you can get to the original along with adding your own touch from how it was originally made or just to see if you can.

I've not been producing to long so i've been using this method quite alot as i find it helps me understand alot better on how to produce the tracks/sounds/dums ect... that i'm after being westcoast along with the different panning methods.

I'm not sure how long i'm gonna be using method for but while im still getting used to producing it as speeded everything up for me.

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sometimes when I'm bored, I like to remake tracks.
I re-made What You Know, In Da Club, Stay Fly, Circle, and a couple more.

deanero

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Agreed... When I first started of fmy shit didn't sound full compared to these industry tracks. Minus the fact that they are professionally engineered and mastered by guys who make a living off mastering, I tried to cop a feel by creating a ceratin style of a beat (i.e: steel drum in P.I.M.P. with an island flavor). It taught me a lot about panning, layering, EQ, and mixing just by comparing. Agreed.

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i always come across samples that people flip and some time i can't help it i end up make a beat with a sample that was used before that the closest i came to remaking a beat

mikemat

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
One time I was messing with some Orch sounds on a vst and I heard this perfect hit and played it out when I realized it sounded exactly like the strings on In Da Club. Then I finished the whole beat from memory and got it pretty close.

IMO it can be harder to remake a beat than start a new one because you have no room at all to mess around.

DJ Udo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I might re-play a piece of a track if I can't get a clean loop of the piece that I want then flip it.

E

enoh

hm , neva think at that . thanks fo` the idea :) i`m gonna try it

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
There is not a top producer in the game today that didn't start out remaking beats. That is and excellent practice technique for up and coming producers and alot of times u end up with a totally diff't track that can sell! It gets u in tuned to the diff't sounds within the subgenres of hip hop i.e the essential instuments needed for an eastcoast beat, westcoast beat, mid west etc. Very good practice...I do it alot. It is definitely something to do to get u out a that producers/writers block you'll probably encounter from time to time.

mikemat

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I agree its great practice. On the same lines as guitar players playing other peoples stuff all the time or piano players learning other people's sheet music.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
ive done it a few times

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
I just wanted to know if there is many of you that ever try to remake any of your favoruite beats that you have'nt produced to see how close you can get to the original along with adding your own touch from how it was originally made or just to see if you can.

I've not been producing to long so i've been using this method quite alot as i find it helps me understand alot better on how to produce the tracks/sounds/dums ect... that i'm after being westcoast along with the different panning methods.

I'm not sure how long i'm gonna be using method for but while im still getting used to producing it as speeded everything up for me.

Thats how i learned (remaking tracks)