Ever wake up at 5:00 in the morning?

LILW

ill o.g.
Man, this morning I woke up at 5:15AM Central Time and I just had to get to work on this track that came to me while I was sleep. Has anyone else here had the same issue where you woke up with a beat on your mind and you had to get in the lab and work on it?

O

open mind

i know exactly what u talking about it happend only one time to me i wish it happens more.i had a dream about a melody it was crazy i finished the track in 5 minutes i knew exactly every single fucking piece and how it should be it was everything on my dream and its one of my best track i ever did.

i woke up from that dream and straight went to the pc and started immediately working on that track i was afraid to forgot the melody and i couldnt sleep again until i finished the track.LILW when this happens its pure magic and very special moment your soul been touched by god in that moment and iam serious.i hope that this happens to more producers because i know that the result of such music is UNIQUE.

LILW

ill o.g.
yeah I know it was really crazy I couldn't even sleep all I had on my mind was the melody and how I wanted everything to go when I got to the lab. I'm currently working on the track right now and I hope to have it in the showcase soon.

New Dynasty

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I had a sound in my sleep once, only to wake up and forget how it goes, thats the worst feeling ever. Actually that has happened to me on several occasions, how do yall keep them in mind long enough to put them down?

O

open mind

New Dynasty said:
I had a sound in my sleep once, only to wake up and forget how it goes, thats the worst feeling ever. Actually that has happened to me on several occasions, how do yall keep them in mind long enough to put them down?
i knew that if i didnt make it right the way i forget about it so when it happend i was fucking scared about the fact that i could lose the melody that i WOKE UP from my dream.

just make it as fast as possible right when u have it on your brain dont wait no fuckin seconds.

New Dynasty

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
^^^lol, Okay! I didn't wait though! It's like I could only hear subconsciously, when I wake up, its completely gone. its crazy....

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
U guys are weird...at five in the moring i roll over and try to pressure my girlfriend into havin sex with me................

On the real though i usually stay up till 3 tryin to make joints anyways...so it never happens to me

O

open mind

J Rilla said:
U guys are weird...at five in the moring i roll over and try to pressure my girlfriend into havin sex with me................
LMFAO! u saved my day ha!

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn i hate ya'll... you dont know how many melodies i had in my head only to lose them... especially when i be in the shower(idk why?) i come up with ALOT of melodies... then when i get out, i lose it....

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I dont sleep that often but when i do, i be dreaming of ill beats or lyrics, then i wake up and forget them immediately.

But i dont stress over it. I just walk around quoting Kanye:
"I forgot better shit than you've ever thought of."

A

aveblackmusic

I have been told by my wife that I tap on the bed in my sleep, or sit up and do a baseline with my mouth, while asleep. I never remember what the track I was dreaming about was, but she gets a kick out of me, beat making in my sleep

O

open mind

aveblackmusic said:
I have been told by my wife that I tap on the bed in my sleep, or sit up and do a baseline with my mouth, while asleep. I never remember what the track I was dreaming about was, but she gets a kick out of me, beat making in my sleep
LMFAO man u guys are unpayable for making this funny but REAL-LIFE comments.u saving my day haaha.NUTHIN CAN BEAT REALITY

O

open mind

adomav17 said:
damn i hate ya'll... you dont know how many melodies i had in my head only to lose them... especially when i be in the shower(idk why?) i come up with ALOT of melodies... then when i get out, i lose it....
yeah the shower gets me creative too dunno why maybe because of the power of water cleaning not only the body but cleaning all the dust in the brain then maybe the result is a OPEN MIND then u ready to be creative.must be some psychological thang i guess hehe.

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
i make beats all the time in my sleep, but when i wake up i gotta go to work - life in the military sucks :(

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I Have Had this happen to me as well. Ill stay up till like 2:00-3:00 making beats sometimes i cant get a damn thing. Then i'll go to sleep and wake up at like 4:00 or so and have this melody in my head and its so sick that i'll sit there keep thinking of it and start humming the melody so i dont lose it, then i get up dash over to my computer pick the sound i want and lay the melody down throw some drums to it so i can still feel the mood of the melody save it, and hop back in bed only to wake up at like 8:00 or 9:00 to go back to and add more sounds and variations, but the outcome of the track really takes me by surprise it becomes even better then what i had in mind. This feeling really makes you feel that music is what your suppost to be doing and to keep at it!

Kontents

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I get up at 5:30 and make beats until I gotta work, my mind is sharper in the am that at late night. It might be caused by when I used to wake up at 4 each morning and bake before work at a golf course.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i've never done this, but ive had times where i would work on like flipping a sample and couldn't flip it to sound dope enough (when i flip samples i chop the shit out of em) and ill work on it for like 2-3 hours scrapping dozens of arrangements. in the morning, i'll wake up, and ill make it work within 15 minutes

members online