Every life has it's soundtrack

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
You know, everyone has a story. And you never really get to know a person unless you know their story. There are sooooo many songs and albums (hip hop, pop or whatever) that describes someone's life. A song that you relate to because of what you've gone through or whatever. For me, the soundtrack to my life would be Tupac's "Me Against The World." and even most spacifically "So Many Tears". I'm really living that right now. For others it maybe a Mary J. Blige cut because they maybe dealing with a lot of drama in their lives.
I have dealt with quite a bit drama in the past 5 years so I do relate to some of her joints and I most certainly include some of her songs in the soundtrack of my life. But mine is mostly the song's from "Me Against The World." So what this is, is a chance for you to tell us about your life by creating a song listing up to 12 songs
that would explain your life. Just like the back of a CD cover like this: 1. So Many Tears - Tupac
2. Crank Dat - Soulja Boy 3. No More Drama - Mary J. Blige, etc. This is a excercise for us to get to know each other a little more by the songs that best decribe us. I have already told you mine. The songs don't have to be hip hop if it best decribes you.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Hey brother, I think this thread is wonderful. Its a nice way to know how you're doing through music.

In the end, we understand our purpose... It makes us grow as an individual.

In every situations that I sincerly hate, I always try to see the light.

If I had a mixtape out, it would be only a single.

1- Yolanda Adams -Open up my heart

I hope 2008 will be better for all of us.

love you xsinna, you know that.

PG

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Wow PG, I would have never known (not that we talk much anyway but just from looking at some of your posts) I always pictured you content and doing your thing with the music.

This is a great thread. I mean, just because we're on the internet (basically a fantasy world) doesn't mean that we don't have real lives...In general, when I post, I try to remember to consider the person that I'm responding to, you never know whats going on with them. Just a little consideration can mean the world to someone thats having a tough time. Its cool to play around, ruffle some feathers every now and then just to keep some on their toes but for the most part, I try to stay introverted as possible.

Anyway, my year has been good. No major worries, both of my businesses are doing well and no major complaints. I got hit very hard twice at the begining of this year...the IRS auditted me for some ish that wasn't my fault and they gave me the works, froze bank accounts and the whole nine. The other was losing my father to alzheimers (spelling). I dealt with those pretty well so even through the bad I held on.

A few months after the IRS hit, things made a drastic turn for the better, I made ALOT of money this year, bought alot of new gear, spent some money on the family and everybody is happy! So overall, I can't complain.

So my song is "The Good Life" by Kanye West, it actually dropped right when things were on top shelf for me. If the end of 07 is any indication of how 08 will be, things will definately be looking up.

MOF

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I've been thinking about this and I think the soundtrack to my life has been the music that's touched me in some way or another; that's meant something or that has changed my way of thinking.

I think we've all been through drama at times and we've all had more uplifting moments too. I won't bore you with the details but here's my list, (of albums not songs, (too hard to single out just songs)). You might laugh at some of these, (some I haven't heard in years):

Metallica - Master of Puppets (absoloutley loved this when I was 14-15)
Godflesh - Slavestate
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Dead Kennedys - Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death
Funkadelic - Standing on the Verge of Getting It On
James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag (and everything else of his)
Stevie Wonder - Talking Book
Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and The Sinner Lady
Dr Octagon - Octogynacologist
Wu Tang - Enter The 36 Chambers

Fuck, there's too many to list.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Hey brother, I think this thread is wonderful. Its a nice way to know how you're doing through music.

The past 3 years has been a hell of a challenge for me as well. I've lost my way, my direction musically. People I cared about betrayed me. I've lost all hope musically. I've been missjudged so unfairly. Been rejected, been hurt throughout my decisions for my life.

In the end, we understand our purpose... It makes us grow as an individual. I could stay here and be mentionning songs that talks about how bad I've been hurt, how life treated me bad, how annoying my situations were, How bad i've lost time, money and energy in some areas of my life.. etc

In every situations that I sincerly hate, I always try to see the light.

If I had a mixtape out, it would be only a single.

1- Yolanda Adams -Open up my heart
2- Yolanda Adams -Open up my heart instrumental

haha

yep.. I resume my pain by going Gospel. I hope 2008 will be better for all of us.

love you xsinna, you know that.

PG

Sis, you know I KNOW what you've been through. You have been and always be in my thoughts and prayers. We both deal with pain through making our music huh?! I love you too sis.

I'm really loving how you all are responding. I feel more of a kinship with some of you.

Everyone of us has our difficult moments in life, I have learned that the shit that life throws at us really makes us better people, and helps us to understand others that may be going through the same shit times.
I find that people that have everything handed on a plate there biggest worry is whether to buy the red ferrari or the black porche dont appreciate the things they have and they have little empathy for others because they lack the understanding of what a hard time really is, with rare exceptions of course.
My life has been nothing but hard, but then when times are at their worst I just think they can only get better, its the ying and yang of the universe, for every negative is an equal and opposite positive. And I also think of the poor people in places like africa for which hardship is a thing i have never experienced in comparison.
I truly beleive that everything in life happens for a reason and I beleive a lot in karma.
There are so so many tracks that would be suitable for the soundtrack of my life, but with so many musical tracks that touch a note inside me its hard to choose a few.
1. The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby.
2. Things can Only Get better, by whoever did that one.
3. Of course Mary J - No More Drama
4. Hardknock Life, even tho I hate the track personally.
5. It aint over till the fat lady sings, if thats even a song, Im pretty sure it is.
6. Dire Straights - Road To Hell.
I could be here forever. This one requires some deep thought and a little pondering.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Good topic -

It is said that music is the soundtrack to life with that being said I would have to think hard about that one - a movie that sums up my youth would be the indie flick KIDS. Here's a few songs I would choose though:

Peter Tosh

Bob Marley 90% of their respective catalogs.

Can I Live - Jay-Z

Mobb Deep - Drink Away the Pain

Mobb Deep - Survival of The Fittest

Nas - NY State of Mind

Nas - The World Is Yours

Slick Rick - Hey Young World

Digable Planets - Cool Like Dat

CNN - Blood Money

Outkast feat. Goodie Mob - Git Up Git Out

Young Bleed feat. P - How You Do Dat

(How could I forget) Twista - Adrenaline Rush (the whole album)

Tru - No Limit Soldiers

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Good topic -

It is said that music is the soundtrack to life with that being said I would have to think hard about that one - a movie that sums up my youth would be the indie flick KIDS. Here's a few songs I would choose though:

Peter Tosh

Bob Marley 90% of their respective catalogs.

Can I Live - Jay-Z

Mobb Deep - Drink Away the Pain

Mobb Deep - Survival of The Fittest

Nas - NY State of Mind

Nas - The World Is Yours

Slick Rick - Hey Young World

Digable Planets - Cool Like Dat

CNN - Blood Money

Outkast feat. Goodie Mob - Git Up Git Out

Young Bleed feat. P - How You Do Dat

(How could I forget) Twista - Adrenaline Rush (the whole album)

Tru - No Limit Soldiers

Maaaaaaan!! That movie "KIDS" really messed with my head. That was probably the illest movie about our youth ever made. And I don't mean "good".

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
My dad berly know who I am. he forgot totally my brother though. Yep, we all shares the same drama. I have you in my heart.

Sis, you know I'm there for you when you need to talk. I'll call you.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
thankyou so much for the love, but no worries guys. I just don't expose my personnal life online. This thread showed me that there's still some nice people on this forum. Yeah, the internet is virtual but i'm like you, the girl next door.

Kanye West - Stronger