Explaination On Differences Of Reason, Cubase, Protools, Cool Edit, Soundforge...etc.

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I AM NEW TO THE PRODUCING GAME BUT WANT EVERYONES INPUT ON WHAT ALL THESE DIFFERENT SOFTWARE DO........JUST A BASIC RUN DOWN OF WHAT EACH DO AND THERE PRO'S AND CON'S......AND WHAT SOFTWARE SHOULD I GET ? I HAVE A MOTIF ES 7 AND WANT TO MASTER MY SONGS ON MY COMPUTER...AND ALSO WANNA GET A MIC AND RIG IT TO MY COMP, SO I CAN RECORD A WHOLE SONG RIGHT IN MY ROOM, WITHOUT GOIN TO A STUDIO.......
1. GIVE ME A GOOD PROGRAM TO DO MY MASTERING OF THE SONG ON MY MOTIF TO THE COMP.....
THEN
2. GIVE ME A GOOD PROGRAM THAT I CAN TAKE THAT MASTERED TRACK AND HAVE SOMEONE FLOW OVER IT AND RECORD ON MY COMP....THANKS...INCOG

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
GOOD LOOKS MPC....U BEEN HELP ME ALOT....THANKS 4 UR TIME.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
for masterin u shud try out t-racks, its real easy to use. cool edit i think is far more powerful tho and can be also used for multi-trackin, so like u cud do vocals in it. wow u got a motif es 7? i hear thats hot!

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
AFRIQUE....MAN, I JUST GOT INTO THE GAME, AND AM MAKING SOME OK TRACKS....I NEED A FEW MONTHS TO LEARN THE MOTIF....BUT YO................IF YOUR A BEAT THIS CHAMP 3X OR WHATEVA....YOU COP THIS NOBODY IS GONNA TOUCH YOU FOR A LONG TIME....MAD HEADS ON THIS SITE DONT TALK TO MUCH BOUT IT...BUT I'LL TELL YOU THIS THING IS SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.......THE SEQUENCER TO SOUND, IT IS TIGHT...HOLLA....INCOG

C

Copenhagen

Regarding Reason (check link).
Reason is a Virtual Studio . It's basically a mixer 6 vst plug-ins and 10 or so effects build into one program in rack style. You can't add plug-ins to Reason, and I'm not sure you can play your sounds into Reason either, but Reason supports rewire, so that you can direct each track in Reason into seperate tracks in a host sequencer like e.g. Cubase, Logic, ProTools, FL Studio.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Hey,

1. Cubase is a MIDI sequencer, similar to the sequencer on your Motif. You can also record and edit audio with it. Pro Tools is an audio sequencer, you can record and edit MIDI with it as well.

2. Cool Edit/SoundForge are audio editors. You can edit the SHIT out of audio with these guys, all the way down to each individual sample.

3. Reason is a virtual synth; think of it like your Motif, but in software (this is a VERY loose description, but only to help you understand).

If you want to record audio from the Motif into your computer, you could use PRo Tools, Cool Edit, Cubase, or SoundForge...Reason doesn't allow you to record audio, so don't even try it.

If you want to have a prerecorded audio track play back while someone records over it onto a different track, you will need a multitrack audio program. Pro Tools, Cubase and Cool Edit can all do this, SoundForge and Reason cannot.

Take care,

Nick

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Nick...thanks Bro...that Was The Basic Answer I Was Looking For....and That Summed Up Most Of What I Was Looking For..thanks