Fact or Fiction? you tell me...

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
sounds like some comedy central shit, some editorial shit, it was a waste of time to me, didnt really explore the site first i thought it was a klan site..lol, boy am i glad i can read...haha

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Are you kidding me? That is a direct insult to the game you're in. That was the perfect example of a sarcastic *icth slap to what we do. Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion but you definately missed the point of the article.

holla,--dac

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
man, u cnat change it and u cant profit from it so fuck it, its some dude wit a degree from somewhere that gives him the authority to write, i thought it was funny, maybe u stumbled on the site on the wrong month and just happened to catch the part about hip hop gettin kicked in the ass, he probably has some other shit on there, im sure its not a hip hop bashing site, u wanna go after somebody go after duke who copywrited the word hip hop, and is gettin paid whenever its mentioned, what u did was gave this fat white guy free publicity and added anohter hit to his site list, stop crying....and get rid of the fag pic

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by Truth Told
what...? he copywritd the word "hip hop" ? how is that possible? how does he get paid?

That was an april fools e mail that copenhagen posted in april...it's not true

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

The guy is 100% is serious. I'm grew up listening to bands like Metallica and Anthrax, a lot of you probably don't remember just how crazy everything they did was at the time. Metal raised the same stink back then that rap raises today, the stoners at school all had freaky hair, drank beer and smoked cigarettes at school, the girls really liked a guy in tight denim and muscle car; nowadays rappers all have corn rows, smoke weed and drink cognac, and there are loads of ladies piling into Escalades and Bentley's. Other than the kind of music and ethnic background of the people involved, what's the difference?

At the time rap music wasn't mainstream yet except for one or two groups here and there, it would have to wait its turn to blow up into the big machine it is today.

Just take a look at what's being played on MTV nowadays...Snoop Dogg's show, Puff Daddy's show, a street ball show, and when they do show videos they're usually almost all 'urban'; these guys are all rolling in cash and women, just like the metallers used to do in the 80's. Back then there was a lot of metal on MTV: Headbanger's Ball and Rock Blocks had way more airtime than Yo MTV Raps, these guys were all over the press for stirring stuff up and getting themselves in trouble with the law for sex, drugs and violence.

Sure, he's taking little stabs at some of the things rappers do nowadays, it's obvious that he only has access to some of the more mainstream parts of urban culture, but he's also making some great points about some of the innovation in attitude and style they're creating for themselves. Metallers never had much style, only loud obnoxious music and long greasy hair. And back patches on their Levis jackets.

Take care,

Nick

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
this beach tells me to get rid of the fag pic and his is of a pink planet with 2 ferris swings...{not to mention...being from QUEENS} how gay is that?

Fade and the other moderators, I'm not going to turn this into a slaughter so I'm gonna leave it at what I said and not respond to bull ish.

peace,--dac

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
a pink planet....hhhhhmmmm ferris swings....
moving right along i mean i love a good argument and even more a good argument with a dumb person...INNERCITY the shit is no joke, some white media mogul who has nothing to do with hip hop copywrited the term, look it up, i forgot his name he from germany, as far as this website goes, its a joke and as far as that double dick twins icon goes, learn your colors, hop off my meat and come to QuEENS, 134 guy r brewer...but werent u the peace advocate in the other forums...yeah that was u...mybad.PEACE

C

Copenhagen

Guevara, supposedly it was a guy from Scandanavia...but it was a only a prank pulled by some 'famous' Hip-Hop journalist...and has been featured on many sites. I doubt it's true...but if you have a legit site...post the link...I'd like to see it for myself.