factory or sampled drums

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
sampled... or tweaked factory sounds... That question actually depends of what hardware/software you're using, but all in all... I prefer sampled or tweaked sounds since it has more personality

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
most of those "factory" drums are sampled. in fact im sure probably at least 80% are, because compared to going out and recording hundreds of different drumsets in different enviornments, or completely synthesizing each drum from scratch, sampling is way cheaper, more effective, and gives better results. so bassically the difference between buying a bangin beatz set or buyin some vinyl and sampling it yourself changes your sound very little if any in the end. i'm totally down with finding all your own drums on some old soul and rock records, thats the pure shit, but i gotta admit there is no difference in the drums you will find on bangin beatz or samplecraze or similar sites

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
if im using clean sounds say from a synth, i will always use clearner factory kits, like the shit out of a motif or whatever.

but when sampling its always the dirty drums HOWEVER factory drums can be used to back up the sampled drums, give em a punch.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Both have their place in my production. It depends on the kind of track I am doing. Although, I love to sample my own drums. That's one of the fun parts of putting a beat together from scratch.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
All drums are sampled in some way if they're not synthetic..

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Nuff B said:
i guess yall right but aint nuttin like a drum sampled off some vinyl

I have to co-sign with you on that. 100%

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use both factory and sample drums. It give you more options. Plus, you get to creat on top of those factory ones. I EQ, add EFX. I also recorded my own. I've used Boxes, Buckets, Pots, and even my daughter toy box. You be surprise at what sound you can create with things around your house.

Slamdino

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
"it dont matter to me... factory, sampled, internal... dont matter... they all get ran thru the eq and other filters anyway."

I would have to agree here. Plus once the drums are layered the sound is different. I like to use both..

members online