@Fade You Should Make Introductions Mandatory

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I've been on forums where members have signed up years ago and never post anything to indicate that they came to be active, I suggest that you make introductions mandatory as the rule should be if you don't post an introductory thread you can't partake in the greatness that is the Illmuzik forum.

Too authoritarian, I disagree. Different strokes for different folks, most people are lurkers that never post or say anything, and thats their right to do so. No point forcing people to do things just to participate in the greatness. They already are just by being here reading and learning and being inspired themselves. Not all artists are egomaiacs, some are quite shy, especially when starting out, it can be intimidating enough to get involved.

Exactly, I agree with @Fade and @2GooD Productions. For example I didn't introduce myself when I joined the forum. I went straight to Beat This contest. :D Your idea doesn't make sense at all @OGBama... Why would someone be penalised or excluded from this forum for not introducing themselves? It would put off people from illmuzik rather than encourage them to join the forum because people don't like to be forced to anything in general.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
It's @Memento Beats 'cause I used to be active at another forum for producers/producing and majority of the members who register(ed) posted nothing or if/when they did post, it was spam, etc. or just promo links to courses for how to sell beats and make money immediately MLM type schemes.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well I know what you mean @OGBama but it's hard to enforce that anyway. There's probably an addon I can use that forces new members to post but what's the point? There's plenty of members over the years that signup and lurk for a while. There's nothing wrong with that. Some just like to signup and battle. Not everyone is interested in telling their story.

I think there's definitely value in introducing yourself to the forum and making an account when you're truly ready for it. I've been a lurker for months before I made my account here.
yes, I agree, there is definitely value in being active, for everybody involved. But forced participation is not the way to go. People will get involved if and when they are ready to.

Im also on a few facebook hip hop groups and producer groups for various DAW's, and believe me there are some really stupid questions, for example "How do I save a file?". I think we do well not to have some really stupid questions every five minutes.
"How do I master like a pro?", when they mean mix. I find the average user at illmuzik that gets involved tends to be intermediate to advanced in skill level. Not too many real beginners here that get involved as there is a wealth of archived knowledge already here. Personally I believe the best producers are the ones that work most things out for themselves, or find the information they need themselves by starting off reading the manual and then at least trying google, and youtube before asking a really stupid question.
I may be wrong about the demographic, but Im only speaking from experience over the years. A lot has changed over time, but the quality of artist here is very decent. The latest beat this is a great example of that

Last edited: