Fast forward about 50 years; the cyber attacks have knocked us all off the grid. We start driving down an abandoned road, and we're approached...

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Don't think there's a sub-genre for this one. I call this gangsta rap of the future haha. Fast forward about 50 years; the cyber attacks have knocked us all off the grid. We start driving down an abandoned road, and we're approached by the locals. That's the story I've created in my head with this one anyways. Let me know what you think. Bonus points if you know the sample and OG song I flipped.

Nice story driven intro you gave us, like the grittiness of this and the bass!

Drive on past those locals! They are a tight knit bunch and they are not looking to make new acquaintances in any kind of ‘friendly’ way, go go go!!!

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 18
Bonus points if you know the sample and OG song I flipped.

On the surface, sounds like a Dr. John or Tom Waits joint. But that's too obvious. Any hints?

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Bonus points if you know the sample and OG song I flipped.

On the surface, sounds like a Dr. John or Tom Waits joint. But that's too obvious. Any hints?
CAN - Soul Desert. Experimental rock band from the late 60s/70s. Kanye flipped one of their tracks for "Drunk & Hot Girls" but not aware of them really being used anywhere else. But they get some credit for influencing a lot of experimental like rock and even electronic/ambience sub-genres that came after them.