Fast Paced Funk- How do yall flip it?

KEV31

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I recently got a comp of some old soul records and they are really good. the sound quality is real good for mp3 and they arent artists that i know of. The only problem is that they are extremely fast!! up in that 150 bpm. think of some motown records for references. i know i can speed it up so i can make a beat at about 80 bpm but i still have tempo issues. How do yall flip it?

Also if you have any beats, could you post them, in the right section of course, for an example.

or just pm me

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
I wouldnt recommend trying to loop it, you'll probably have problems with that.

You tryna chop it and make your own melodies? Hmm..

Try sampling quarter notes (of 1 bar) and time stretching each quarter note section by itself instead of time stretching the whole thing. You can also mess with those quarter note sections and just see what you come up with once you've slowed them down a bit.

Also try pitching those samples down, it'll slow it down the sample more and you may get some useable sounds out of it.

Check out the song "Strummin The Funk" on my soundclick page. The quality was degraded on purpose lol, but check that out it'll be right up your alley.

Peace!!

Mindstate

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I've noticed fast paced funk isn't usually the best for sampling. I look for the slower melodic ones like certain Isley Brothers and Rubber Band stuff

O

open mind

chose the parts u like the most and play with the chops until u got something that is enjoyable.peace.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Imma piggy back on the sample small pieces and compose advice, I think all records can be sampled, its just that some require more time to sit down and put the concept together, an instant four bar riff that is going your way is just too easy....i look at that as a challenge, if when i listen I dont hear anything useable, I will stretch and chop till I get the result.

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
If you are using vinyl change the tempo while sampling. Then chop it up. Timestrecthing or pitching down once you've changed the tempo will give the chops the original feel of the original tempo. Your Hihats in the original track will be the key to making it work. The only real drawback to doing this process is going to be catching your hitpoints because the record will be going so fast. Hope this helped.

members online