February 22nd - March 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Wow Ferret, you musta jumped right on this one, that was QUICK! Dope flip bro, Im luving the chop selection and the reorganization of them. This is hot, NICE job!

Here's mine... I'm Ready

Ferret

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
dac thats some great chord progression with the sample, your really good at eq'ing everything getting them to lay on top of each other. Good shit. And yea I was having some beat-block and I seen this thread and that song was exactly what I was looking for, spent a good part of the night on it.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
haha thats whats up, glad that I could help ya out. I've been in a slump for a while now, so I know how you feel. I'm not 100% happy with mine, there's a few things that I'll go back and redo but I think it came out ok and when you're in a slump, ok is great...lol. Thanks for the feedback.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
It's been a minute! sample is dirty! I think I am going to chop this one up and see what I come up with...

Alright I spent a little time on this, rough but I am liking the way it turned out.....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=402999

Reviews.....

Ferret: Chops are alright... For me the constant crazy pitch changes are throwing me off. I also think you should have used other drums. Can be really dope just needs some tuning. Keep up the good work...

Dacalion: I love the scratch play in this. I love when the verse comes in, I also love the play with the vocals in there. I like the soft clap, very nice job man I like this. Keep up the good work

RAW-D

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 41
Im kinda new to this. but im gonna give it a try.

I just started with this sample a half hour ago or something like that.
I just registered on this site.

My (raw) version of the sample:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/87103525de3dbf85/

didnt mix it or so.

Ferret: The chops are freaking nice,
the drums are simply awesome.
a good production imo.

Dacalion: O no u didnt. this one is far the best of all the productions in this topic (inclu mine)
love the scratches 2!
just awesome!

GRAFIK: sounds lovely, maybe a more variety.
but its a good production after all.

nicely done all :)

V

Versatile G

imma try my hand at this not really that good at sampling but ill give it a shot should have my flip done later on today

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
@GRAF - dope pattern! That bassline is sick, dope build up, and your drums are always on point, breaks within were on point. Eventhough they aren't necessary, a change up in there would have really put it over the top for me. I can see an emcee killing this. Great work!

@BountyP - Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I couldn't listen to yours, for some reason, I can't download from zshare, never have been able to. Open a soundclick or soundcloud account bro.

@macndabox - This is dope as well, very unique and interesting flip. The creativity on this is outstanding. Dope changes and structured perfectly. Great work!

Ferret

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yoooo macndabox you killed it that shit is a banga!!!

bountyp- the classic drums are good, and i like the way you arranged the timing

grafiks- yours was pretty good, i can agree with you on the pitch changes but i think the drums are fine the way they are, sometimes everything doesn't have to be perfect.

dac-good chops straight chillin

versitile g your soundclick dont load for some reason

macndabox

UnGenre Productions #unGenre
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
All this talent in here!

Thanks to everyone that listened to my flip and special thanks to those that provided feedback on it. I'm no music critic but I did listen to all the tracks and here's my opinion.

Starting from the top:

@dacalion : Man, Thanks for letting me take a stab at that song, can't wait to see what you post next week. Hate that I have to wait till March 8th..lol

@Ferret: I'm following you on soundcloud now. I like your track. I think I counted 3 change ups. I am a fan of transitions between change ups...Like a Crash or something to let me know when the hook is coming back around...

@dacalion: I like this track, scratches and Alicia an added plus...Reminds me of the electric slide at a family reunion...Awww snap that's my jam..Part 2 was cool too..I think I have a track that needs custom scratches on the hook...Might have to employ you..

Btw..There's no such thing as a slump, either you're making beats or you're not..There's only inspired and uninspired and we all have tracks that we've started and put off till later or never...lol

@Grafik: I like your track because I have no idea which part you sampled..lol...Very Jazzy..If Gang Starr was still alive, he'd wreck shop on it.

@BountyP: I can dig it...Not bad for being new..I'm new as well and can learn from anyone...I would have liked your drum pattern to match your change ups in stead of a constant rhythm over a dynamic sample scheme.

@Versatile G: I dig it... Definitely showing your versatility with lot's of change ups and fallouts..but that kinda threw me off too...Seems like I'd bob my head and than I wouldn't...but cool none the less..

Just a humble producer..Thanks for sharing with me...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
macndabox said:
@dacalion : Man, Thanks for letting me take a stab at that song, can't wait to see what you post next week. Hate that I have to wait till March 8th..lol

I'm glad that you took the time to flip it, I like hearing the styles and interpretations that everyone brings. As for the next flip, if any of you have something in mind, holla at me.

macndabox said:
@dacalion: I think I have a track that needs custom scratches on the hook...Might have to employ you..
Thanks for your review. Yeah just hit me with a PM and let me know what you need.

V

Versatile G

@macndabox preciate it man yea i did kinda mess up the transitions on the intro and some parts of the verse......i listened to all the flips and they were all good....i kinda rushed this one too so i know next time to take a lil bit more time on it

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
@VG - yeah the transitions were a little extreme but overall I still liked it. Your beat was very creative and actually showed several different patterns which made it cool. The main beat was hot. Great work!

V

Versatile G

@dacalion preciate man im just trying to keep up with yall

Status
Not open for further replies.