Fed Up

kaz2284

Love the melody at the start however the drums need work, the hats are very harsh and I’d lower their volume by a few db’s. Needs a good slapping snare and strong bassline to compliment.

Keep working, look forward to more
Thank you for the feedback. I have definitely been struggling with bass and figuring out how to do drums well but no plans on stopping the grind.

No man keep it up, all part of the process, sometimes the bass can be a bitch to get ‘right’ other times it flows naturally.

I sometimes start with the Bass or drums or sample chops / melody. Try out different ways to get the feel.

What are you producing on?

kaz2284

No man keep it up, all part of the process, sometimes the bass can be a bitch to get ‘right’ other times it flows naturally.

I sometimes start with the Bass or drums or sample chops / melody. Try out different ways to get the feel.

What are you producing on?
I'm working in FL studio

Ah ok, I’m on the Mpc and could have given some advice relative to creating better drums patterns flow etc.
Mostly the same thing either platform accept the process is different from hitting pads. Plenty on here who work within FL or similar who can assist with work flow, plug - ins.
Groove, rhythm and vibe will get better and better with practice

kaz2284

Ah ok, I’m on the Mpc and could have given some advice relative to creating better drums patterns flow etc.
Mostly the same thing either platform accept the process is different from hitting pads. Plenty on here who work within FL or similar who can assist with work flow, plug - ins.
Groove, rhythm and vibe will get better and better with practice
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad I found this community, having people tell me where I can improve will really help my growth on this journey and hopefully eventually I'll have the ear and skills to return the help to someone.