filtering a loop

ill o.g.
Working with the nn 19 in reason, I am trying to filter a bass to get it sounding smooth like the orignal sample. All the stuff above the bass's frequency is gone but now the sample sounds a lil muffled. I have tweaked it to a satisfactory level with some fx mainly eq but I wanna know is it possible to get it sounding like the original all nice and clear?

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
When you cut out frequencies you will lose dynamics, so in a case like this you definetly wont get exactly the same bass, this doent change the fact if you fuck with it enought you can get a dope bass sound out of it, indeed like eka said play with eq some more and the multiband but what i sometimes do, take another bassline and layer it smoothly beneath it to highlight it.
goodluck.

ill o.g.
Funny you should mention doing that becuase I have another nn19 underneath with the fingerbass loaded. I'm trying to figure out the notes pirch though. The bass is played like a scale but it is off just a few cents or so.

Thanx 4 the tip.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
dont understand exactly what you mean.. but if i do understand than i would slice up that bass loop so it will fit perfect with the added bass.

wavez

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
triggaNometric said:
Funny you should mention doing that becuase I have another nn19 underneath with the fingerbass loaded. I'm trying to figure out the notes pirch though. The bass is played like a scale but it is off just a few cents or so.

Thanx 4 the tip.

dunno bout the bass layering, but good way to pitch ur bass is to make another nn-19 and load a piano into it...then play a note on piano and and then on bass...and so on, until u find the piano note what fits with bass pitch...then just look what's the piano note is and like that u know what ur bass note is.

i hope my text make's sence :)

peace