Finding tons of good samples on a record

glassJAw

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey I'm just wondering what you guys do when you find a ton of great samples on one record? Almost every song has a ton of things to use. Would it be bad to use a lot of them on one cd because it might get redundant?

I just started doing this about a month ago and I've gotten really deep. My buddies wanted to record a hip-hop cd and looked to me to produce the music since I have a pretty good grasp on computers and music.

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
Hey I'm just wondering what you guys do when you find a ton of great samples on one record? Almost every song has a ton of things to use. Would it be bad to use a lot of them on one cd because it might get redundant?

I just started doing this about a month ago and I've gotten really deep. My buddies wanted to record a hip-hop cd and looked to me to produce the music since I have a pretty good grasp on computers and music.

I would say use a certain sample on one song, but don't use it for another track on the same album.

My suggestion would be to record all the samples that you find on your records, and record all of them. Then use each sample however you want, but don't use the same sample on two different songs unless you change/alter the sample somehow (filter, etc.).

Above all, just have fun with it!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
dude , when I go into sample mode I will find 1-2 things per song and go though about 3-5 songs, grabbing what ever grabs me.
To me it aint a loop very often (but when it is a hot one Im shameless) usually its a small sound that makes your ear perk up, or a bass noise then I incorporate some drums.