FL 5 Help!!!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Okay, what up to my dedicated FL Users! Shouts to my Reason heads too,,,I got nuttin but love fo ya! But I need my FL HEADS! Check it, If I have a sample loopin right, and I have it on "Cut" why after the first loop, the sample continues when I go on to the next sample? When I get ready to pencil my song together, the sample from the first block plays thru to the next block? Shouldn't it get cut off? I wish I could explain better.....

Stick_Man

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
use the granulizer its better just right click on the sample you want to load and go down to granulizer

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Just shutup already Stress, gosh! you talk too much. its always "blah blah blah blah blah" with you! your like ear cancer!!! fuck!!!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
i aint at home so i cant take a look at fl, and heading to see kool keith tonight... but what cut do you mean? you have it on cut? be more specific please...
check if the sample isnt on loop points, cos then it will constantly repeat itself.
but to get the right answer i need the more specific right question brada!

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
you could edit the sample in fl to double click the sound in the pattern box when that next box comes right click the wave and pick edit

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
is you sample played on the piano roll or the step sequencer?

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
what u need to do is go unda the ins tab then you will see the volume envelope. enable it and set it how u want it. this wll make the sound play only as long as the note u put in the piano roll.

if you use the step sequencer(which i never do anymore kus its a pain in my ass) you go to the misc tab and click cut itself.

then say ur loop is strecthed to 2 bars but u only want it play one
u put the note on the first box then on the last box of the pattern you put another note. then u open the gaph editor which isright next to the swing control and u scroll over to "shift" then you put the shift all the way up on the last note of the pattern nd scroll to volum and put the volume for hat note at zero. and it will cut off there.

but as u can see its so much easier to set the envelope and just put the notes in the piano roll.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
StressWon said:
i think i got it,,,,i have to pencil a songtogether to see if it works,,,I'll hit yall up if it does,,,thanks yall,,,and fuck cleverwong!
Lmao!! Cleverwong!!

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
okay, first off,,,Cleverwon can go fuck a goat and blow a sheep!

anyways,,,yeah it's in the step sequencer,,,and I took the loop points off and It still plays over.

I can't really figure out your problem...

If it's in the step sequencer, and you have the sample you want set to "cut itself", then this shouldn't be a problem.

just to clarify- are you talking about one sample being cut when another starts to play? because if that's the case, then that's your problem. to be honest with you, there are ways to do this in FL...but I find it far easier to do using sound forge or a wav editor. take those two samples, and work with the peaks until it segues on beat and just how you want it.

if you insist on using FL, it does have a built in sound editor which is pretty self explanitory.To get to it, click on your desired channel's tab to make sure it is active. bring up the channel's options, and right click on the wave pattern at the bottom of the window, and select edit.

ill o.g.
Yo follow lawtowns suggestion, but follow up on it like this:
in the volume envelope, turn all the controls all the way down (attack, decay etc) except for the sustain which you turn all the way up. This way, your sample will only play as long as the key for it is pressed.

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
Dysphuncktional said:
Yo follow lawtowns suggestion, but follow up on it like this:
in the volume envelope, turn all the controls all the way down (attack, decay etc) except for the sustain which you turn all the way up. This way, your sample will only play as long as the key for it is pressed.

no matta how the envelope is used as long as its enabled it will only play for how long u press the key. the release will determine how long afta u let the key go that it will play

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
trackertech solutions

nr1

set sample to cut itself, place a note where the loop needs to stop ( in this case the first note of the next bar ), set the volume to 0. It play the sample without volume killing the note before it.

nr2

if timestretch is used, export loop to waveat the right tempo and set leave remains in the export options. Reload the samples into the project and repeat nr1

nr3

Get in the sample's channel setting, go for the misc tab and look the the "cut - cut by" option. Say that the sample to be cut is channel 1 ( not talking the mixer ) then you set Cut to 1, now use an empty channel or a sample that would stop channel 1 and place that channel nr to Cut by. Now sample channel 1 plays untill you hit a note from the channel which you assigned to the cut by value. You should play a bit with this because you can cut anything with anything.

ill o.g.
Lawtown Junky said:
no matta how the envelope is used as long as its enabled it will only play for how long u press the key. the release will determine how long afta u let the key go that it will play

ya bro i know how envelopes work, no need to try and make me look dumb. i just specifically meant that this is probably what he wants using loops and all. because it will come on full volume when you press the key, and stop immediatly when you let go.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
its actualy the sustain, the release is amped by the sustain but like the suggestion of using the granulizer not a solution, it caN be done quicker and easier.

Anubis-Ra

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
attack all the way to the left. hold all the way to the right. release all the way to the left. at least that's what I do.