FL Studio 10 Is Availiable

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah definitely PG, I was using 9 and 10 blows it out of the water! Depending on how far back you go, you may have to re-train yourself completely with 10...lol.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
This version took a shot at live performance, aside from apdc!!
Also, new pianoroll and the new pitcher/newtone utility makes FL10 a complete daw.

paradigmshifter

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I've been playing with FL10 for a few days now, SICK. The 64-bit bridge and memory management improvements are incredible. the workflow did change slightly so I'm still getting used to it, but it hasn't been too much of a learning curve... lot's of eye candy and still the fastest way for me to lay down a beat...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
damn, this ish is kicking my ass! it's thrown my entire workflow off. I like the changes but I was just so efficient before. I'm battling the changes they made to the pattern playlist, it heavily favors using tracks over patterns now, I'm not sure that I like that part better, however, having the ability to freak each note within it is definitely hot. This is gonna take some getting use to.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Just a suggestion...go ahead and upgrade but don't overwrite your old version, play around with 10 on your spare time or until you really get a grasp of it then delete the old program. It's super dope and you don't wanna get behind because you know they are gonna come out with even more for 11.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Well....

Looks awesome..... Just wish they made it for Mac... I clicked on why they don't make it for Mac...lmao... They made it too dependent on windows rather than make a program good for both like other companies with their DAWs.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Well....

Looks awesome..... Just wish they made it for Mac... I clicked on why they don't make it for Mac...lmao... They made it too dependent on windows rather than make a program good for both like other companies with their DAWs.

Just had the same point addressed on another forum lol. I dont mind though, i dont mix when creating beats (just a small reference). If i really want to mix i bounce all tracks and load them in Logic. It actualy keeps in me in the creative progress.

Newtone + slicex anyone :)

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I was constantly upgrading with the Beta releases so I was ready for FL10 when it dropped. I think I will wait for the release of FL11 next time. I hated having all of those Beta releases on my HD. FL10 is dope IMO!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I messed around with 9.7 Beta but shortly after, I went back to 9 =). Now I'm 100% FL10 with 9 as back up but overall, I'm really feeling 10. To me, 10 is geared more towards composing which I'm trying to do more of at the moment.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got a copy of FL 10 and I just dont get it lol. As some of you know I am anti FL but I wanted to give this new version a shot. I dont even know how to navigate this damn thing. That was a turn off. Reason Ableton Pro Tools Logic Cubase ect all have workflows thats easily recognizable but Fl I guess is not for me. I would say that I've heard some nice thing done with FL and no other daw has as many options when it comes to choping and manipulating individual sample chops.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^ you need an hour with someone who knows FL well to show you the basics hehe. I had the same thing with ableton and im pretty keen with just about any daw. I know if someone sat down with me for an hour with ableton then I'd know enough.

anyway, navigating though FL using the Function keys F5 - F10. Second, FL works with patterns, the songlist (F5) is where you arrange the patterns. Hit F6 to open the step sequencer, set length of pattern in topleft (click + mouse up/down). Right click channel button to select piano roll mode (F7). If you click the channel button for the sample/plugin you get to see the properties of the sample. You can assign each sample/plugin to a mixer channel by click+mouse up/down in the top right of the channel settings.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Out of your list I've messed with Reason and Cubase, I still use Ableton and Pro Tools but FL is just different compared to those. Once you figure it out it's easy but you have to spend time on it and you can't approach it the same way. I thought I was just gonna jump in Ableton at full speed since I knew FL so well but that wasn't the case. FL is really dope once you get to know it, especially with the new upgrades to 10 BUT the jump from 9 to 10 was a BIG jump imo. I'm having to retrain myself and the way I did things when using 9. A part of what you're going through with 10 probably is because you know those others pretty well and FL10 is a whole different beast.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Out of your list I've messed with Reason and Cubase, I still use Ableton and Pro Tools but FL is just different compared to those. Once you figure it out it's easy but you have to spend time on it and you can't approach it the same way. I thought I was just gonna jump in Ableton at full speed since I knew FL so well but that wasn't the case. FL is really dope once you get to know it, especially with the new upgrades to 10 BUT the jump from 9 to 10 was a BIG jump imo. I'm having to retrain myself and the way I did things when using 9. A part of what you're going through with 10 probably is because you know those others pretty well and FL10 is a whole different beast.

Word Like I said I've been anti FL for years lol. I am going to try this one out. Its not going to be my main daw by any means I can already see that but I think I can cook up some interesting things in it. I just chopped my first sample in it a few mins ago and triggered it back with the Fruity slicer. I dont understand the recording mechanics just yet. Im trying to see how far I can go without the manual lol.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
IMO, 9 was much better for the way we do things in terms of incorporating samples and composing in our work. Since Image Line changed the way the the Playlist functions by getting rid of the pattern tabs and replacing them with tracks shows me that this version really leans heavily towards composing everything.

But good luck on it, Im hoping that Im missing something and there is a way to bring back the pattern tabs or Imagine Line will eventually give you the option to choose between the two.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
You have to select what pattern to place now instead of having the dedicated patternlist. Its not so much that it takes a bigger aim at composing, i mean, you're still making sequences in the patterns. I also noticed that the playlist is now more biased at live performance/interaction, so i can see the reason why Image Line decided to try and make the playlist more clear/accessible.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
@Formant - going from a pattern playlist with an option to do tracks to nothing but tracks heavily favors composition, they even made it possible to freak each individual note within the pattern, that is only good for detailing composed music, you could do the same using a sample (in the old version) but you would have to chop individual notes and thats not practical at all.

@mono - not to my knowledge, there aren't very many tutorials on it yet. You can do it very easily manually though. You can drag your patterns both in time (side to side on the timeline)and in tracks (you can have multiple patterns in one track in your playlist).

members online