FL Studio & Battery 3

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Yo, as you see i'm rocking Battery 3 in Fruity Loops.

I have selected the multiple outs to mix my drums spread out over the FL mixer.

This is all working correct.

Where the problem is, is the following:

When i put in my drums, playback is all smooth..

But then with playback it's stuttering sometimes. The CPU of FL is still stable, but the CPU on the Battery 3 device is clipping at these times. And so the playback stutters.

One solution for this is selecting "fixed audio buffer size" in the menu next to the folder in the top left corner.

Problem with this is, it disables the multiple outs and sends all the sound through the one channel that Battery is on.

So how can i spread my drums on the FL mixer, and keep my sound smooth when playing back..

Again CPU of FL is steady, it's only the Battery VST that's in the red..

Thanx for the help guys!

paradigmshifter

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Try this, it might not work, but give it a shot...

1. On the FL Wrapper, you said you're using the "fixed audio buffer size" option, DON'T, uncheck that...
2. ENABLE THIS OPTION in the same menu:
>Process inactive outputs (VSTs only)

Now, how are you using your sound card?
DirectSound? increase the Buffer Length to the max, Use polling, Use H/W buffer.
ASIO? Increase Buffer, Use Linear Interpolation (to test).

Try that, let me know about the soundcard/driver thing... and RAM/CPU...

Peace.

www.myspace.com/sonicparadigmshift

A.K.A. Juanito Alimaña

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I got a

M Audio 2496 Audiophile Soundcard, an Intel Celereon 3.2 Ghz and 1 gig RAM.

With Directsound and the buffer set up all the way to the max, won't I get latency that way? Cus I want to pound my drums on the MPD 24?

Normally i use the Asio Setups, but which is better Asio or Directsound?

Help me ..

But it doesn't always it just sometimes skips..

And with the buffer all the way up i got mad latency and that's not how i want to use battery.. and still playback stutters.. It always plays correctly the first time around and then it plays an occasional drumsample in the loop with a slight stutter or skip..

Any other suggestions? So I don't believe I should do it that way, maybe i got to little RAM in my pc..

Or the combo between Bat 3 and FL 7 is fucked which they told me at Futureproducers..

I

FrankPain

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
your problems may be
your celeron processer: (it appears to be fast a 3+gHz) but the celerons have small caches' and their math processing functions(wich are critical in computer based music) are limited.
second
your M audio interface:
although they are inexpensive and boast all the right specs, M audio's drivers are hurting.....

or maybe Im wrong, in anycase good luck in tha future

P

phlexter

How do you guys route the battery 3 Outs to individual channels in FL ?? Please Help !!!