FL studio help speeding up your tracks

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I wanted to know if anybody knows how to speed up or slow down a track once you have it complete. I use only samples and i make sure they fit the beat and if i speed it up or slow it down it just doesnt fit anymore. Is there a way to speed up or slow down a track and have nothing changed??? Like the MPC i know you can do this, but dont know about FL........................and help please!!!!

AKP

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Are the samples sliced like the way the Frutiy Slicer does it? Give an example of a problem channel.

aKP

AKP

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yeah there's no way for Fruity Loops to take hitpoints to pitch samples with a beat that I know of without using slicer.

N E one else got any ideas. I've experienced this before.

AKP

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if you chop all ur samples to like a beat or two beats or a bar, then go in and timestretch it in FL on the channel window even tho its already where u want it, this makes it so if u change hte tempo it will stretch or speed up the sample according to the tempo, not sure if this is what u meant

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
i know what your saying i dont have an answer for you but what i do is export the beat to another program like acid or adobe and speed it up there and you wont have that prob

AKP

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
You could use ableton as a rewire or something, plays real nice with samples.

AKP

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
The easiest way to accomplish this feat would be to resample all your channels, right click on the time knob and set your beat/bar length (ex.4 beat loops is 1bar,8beat is 2 ect......). This way when you change the tempo of the track your samples wll automatically change with it.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah man i wish there was like a timestretch all function, and it sucks cus if u make a preset sampler empty, and default stretch it to like 1 beat and then copy and paste, then drop a sample in, it doesnt stayed stretched to 1 beat, itll ahve th same channel you routed it too, same everything, but it wont keep the timestretch properties, sucks

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
GRAFIK said:
yeah originally i did this, but after the track was complete, i wanted to speed it up, but i did go back in and timestretch them, but it sucked, i wish there was a timestretch all function

id have to say this is hte biggest annoyance i have encountered in FL studio, having to go in and restretch everything, they really need to implement that feature

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
mpc4k perhaps, but I think he has beatz n samples nicely chopped, the rest is envelope. I believe FL does this nicely but in some cases it wont come out good. It wont come out good because it would be to hard to replicate a 1 on 1 recording, transposed, without any distortion of sound. But there are basic techniques and limits, such as classical music etc, timestretch all you want but it only becomes usefull when popping a lp filter 1/2 down the knob. Drums work the best because drums that are interesting for hiphop are short n stabby ( no fool stretches an 808 kick ), but if there's heavy rides, cymbals etc ( drums with longer sustain ) it will suck donkeyballs ( unless you gate it before using the sample ).

Be moderate with pitch knob, a minor 5 degrees tweak is already a huge range.