FL Studio Memory Error

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
What's good illianz? I keep getting this "out of memory" error n it's messing my projects up in FL Studio...I can see how much memory is being used in my resource manager and it's not even close to out, hitting maybe 5gb's max and I've got 24 gb physical available on top of a shitload of virtual. Anyone knows whats up w/ this or if I can increase how much can be allocated in FL?

2infamouz

ill o.g.
No only with 3 plugins exclusively...Kontakt 5, omnisphere and symphonic instrument...Nothing else causes issues besides these 3 and it's only with multiple instances of them. With only 1 instance of any of them it seems to be fine...

2infamouz

ill o.g.
I dont use any of the plugins you mentioned, but id look at those settings first.
Alright I'll check em' out. Thanks bro

Symphonic Instrument is the worst one, pretty sure it's bad coding...

2infamouz

ill o.g.
Let me know if you get this fixed
Nah I've been resorting to recording sounds from the plugins as audio data and just importing it in my projects or using a different DAW.....

2infamouz

ill o.g.
That sucks, you need to get that fixed. That's a horrible way to work
Agreed. It's something FL related ...I can use these plugins in other DAW's fine with the identical audio drivers...

2infamouz

ill o.g.
Nah does that "extended memory" version extend the amount of memory allotted to the program? I forgot that was even there...

VaBeats

ill o.g.
Nah does that "extended memory" version extend the amount of memory allotted to the program? I forgot that was even there...

Its been a min..I'm sure you figured your probs by now. Yea it does..it's an automatic 4gig mem use w/win 7/8/vista 64bit
3gb w/32bit with some xtra command line stuff.

2infamouz

ill o.g.
Its been a min..I'm sure you figured your probs by now. Yea it does..it's an automatic 4gig mem use w/win 7/8/vista 64bit
3gb w/32bit with some xtra command line stuff.
4sho. W/ extended memory version + enabling multithreaded processing for generator and mixer, it's been a helluva lot smoother. I used to have the extended mem version as a shortcut but I switched computers and forgot about it. All good now