FL Studio - Saving Samples

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
After taking a 2 bar slice of a sample and dropping it into my channel rack, I time-stretched and pitch shifted it to prep it to load into SliceX. When I right-click and go to Save as and save it to my hard drive and open it back up again, it loads without the time-stretching and pitch-shifting alterations I made.

It may seem like a pretty 101 question, but how do I fix this?

iLLest

How about re-bounce the time stretched sample again by using the export to wav option? Not sure if that works, jsut my 2 cents.

kstikz08

Battle Points: 4
many ways to skin this cat....
-if your time stretching effected your pitch, go to the sampler settings of your sample and see if the mode is in Auto (it tends to play back the sample without these changes) if it is in "Auto" mode, switch it to "Resample" and play it back.It should be the sound you were aiming for.

or you can:
-Export to WAV as iLLest mentioned
-play it back on Edison, then drag the sample to your sliced beats/sample folder on the browser

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
many ways to skin this cat....
-if your time stretching effected your pitch, go to the sampler settings of your sample and see if the mode is in Auto (it tends to play back the sample without these changes) if it is in "Auto" mode, switch it to "Resample" and play it back.It should be the sound you were aiming for.

I don't have an issue with playing it back. I have an issue with attempting to save the sample with the pitch and time stretch changes I made. When I do try to save it with those changes, FL reverts it back to the sample prior to the changes made.

I'll try out the method illest mentioned when I get back home.

members online