Flying Lotus

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
this guy is big big big, signed to WARP in the uk. On a dilla tip, but more inventive IMO, any thoughts on him?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
That shit is loud....lol He's def. a spin off of Dilla. Dillaz whole concept of meshing hip hop and jazz can't be duplicated IMO. Dillaz shit slowly drew u in and made you replay his shit fitty times and you heard something diff't every time. This guys music hitz u overhead and consumes you. He's probably making noise underground. He has put his on spin on Dillaz sound. He's far from Illa than Dilla IMO though.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
im not saying he is iller than dilla, what a phrase, EMCEES get that "ILLER THAN DILLA"

smith, seriously you spoke to him on a collab tip?!?!

yea plug research is big, fucking love ammon contact, they are on plug right?

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i know the girl who does the singing on that tea tree one or summut, gunna try and get in there!

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
eehhhh...not really feeling the sound,,, the last joint was nice though, but that sloppy abstract style really aint my thing.... I liked when dilla did it becasue it was like a new thing..dilla could do so many styles... but it was just a phase for him it wasent the basises of his whole sound...

dont get me wrong i respect dudes craft... but as a conservitive hip hop head...I just aint feeling it...

members online