Foam Padding

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Anybody know where i can buy that egg carton type foam in bulk. I was at our local thrift shop and was lucky to find two rolls for only 2 bucks so i jumped on dat. But does anybody know where i can get more in bulks cause they sell it at walmart but da prices are to high jus for small rolls. Anywhere?

Thanks

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Shit when I had the studio we bought the real stuff from this company out of state. Just to do a booth the size of a closet costed like $200. I feel you on going the eggshell foam method... just don't paint it and make sure you get the thick kind. otherwise you're wasting your time.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Relic said:
Hell spray it then get in there and record right afterwards till ya fall out.
Unfortunatley I got mine from MARS (rest in peace).
I dont know but Ill ask.
Your resourceful in fact if it werent you I'd tell you to PM you!!!

Thanks and LOL. But yeah im jus tryin to see where everybody else got theres from b/c round here they aint got much stuff like dat. But thankz to all fo da responses.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Fade said:
Go to a gym and make friends with a bodybuilder.

Get it? Eggs = protein. Empty egg cartons.... Ah forget it.

LMFAO!! Fade you a trip man u keep me rollin. Maybe i can make friends wit u if u eva at da gym.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
Fade said:
Go to a gym and make friends with a bodybuilder.

Get it? Eggs = protein. Empty egg cartons.... Ah forget it.

come on fade. misscc i must apologize for this. lol

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Ash Holmz said:
fuc foam ... the shit is ugly and alot of time it makes your room sound dead and deads the higher frequencies..... m most cases something like this is more effective....http://cgi.ebay.com/GIK244-4-Acoust...7396961359QQcategoryZ3278QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ... and they look better .... you can hang them up make them look like decorations.... which works for me cuz my living room doubles as my studio

Those things work much better... I have to agree. But you do pay in cost for the difference in quality...

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
The foam is only ugly if you get the shitty type. I personally think the wedged ones going horizontal look dope if you place them all lined properly. I have mine so it's curved at the corners and the shit looks real nice. Looks aside though, the quality is fantastic.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
5th Sequence said:
The foam is only ugly if you get the shitty type. I personally think the wedged ones going horizontal look dope if you place them all lined properly. I have mine so it's curved at the corners and the shit looks real nice. Looks aside though, the quality is fantastic.

That's the same ones I had at one point in our vocal booth. Dark grey, really clean, professional looking. Expensive as fuck tho.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Be careful, because the regular foam you can get from anywhere isn't as effective as the studio grade foam, and it also poses a fire threat.

Those acoustic panels in that link are made of rigid fiberglass (most commonly Owens corning 703 or 705), covered in burlap or some other fabric. You can build them yourself a lot cheaper, if you can find an insulation supplier in your area. (They don't sell it at Home depot...) Supposedly they are much more effective (and attractive) than foam. But they also pose a health risk because, dun dun dun dahhhh, they're fiberglass!

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Well thanks folks im good now i got what i needed. SOmethin told me to hit da thrift store up again and i did and it jus so happened they had another roll put out and i copped it. Jus what i needed to finish. Thanks all and I love you!!!

~1~

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
mp3 said:
Supposedly they are much more effective (and attractive) than foam. But they also pose a health risk because, dun dun dun dahhhh, they're fiberglass!

Don't lick them and you should be okay.

members online