Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
thats just raw musical talent.

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
nice vid-
how did a crappy site like spityogame get cop this interview tho? i was checkin it out, illmuzik is like 10000x better

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Yeah, focus is killing it right now. That "Live By The Gun" by Tony Yayo,everybody thought it was a Dr. Dre beat. That's the only thing I have to say about is production, his drums are way too Dr Dre, cuz he uses the same sounds and pattern dre use usually.

Still, Focus's a monster. That's ART right there, it's the best thing I think SAmple + Composition.

props for the links

-----------

I don't get that thing : composing a melody when there's no beat??? I've been seeing this a lot now. Is there a reason to it? Is there an advantage??

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
shit was tight,,,i thought it had too much goin on at first but he blended nicely,,,see, thats exactly how I wanna do my bass,,reall bass guitar and shit,,,that beat right there would make any emcee sound halfway decent,,,word,,,good looks on that vid tre

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Qwerty said:
I don't get that thing : composing a melody when there's no beat??? I've been seeing this a lot now. Is there a reason to it? Is there an advantage??

i used to do that shit all the time with my motif. i would just turn it on, find an inspiring sound, and then make an ill melody and build from there.

it is very rare that i ever make the drums first.

probably comes down to wat u enjoy most - makin drum patterns or composing melodies.

Slamdino

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
wow that was a great video. Focus is extreamly talented and has a great work flow and style to making beats. Just about anyone with half a flow could sound good on that one!

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Qwerty said:

basically the same thing with taking a chop sample and finding a rhythm that grabs you (ex. the kev brown vid) once your have a concept of your overal rhythm, everything else just seemlessly becomes apart of it, and you build upon that.

members online