? For anybody who knows Reason 2.5

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Hey what up Illmuzik fam! I'm tryin' to learn Reason and it seems like a pretty easy app to use so far. I have learned alot about it already in the short time that I've had it. One thing that I have not discovered how to do is automate the pan controls. I can automate other controls on the rack; but it seems like this process does not work on the pan controls. Is there a trick to this? Is it even possible to do this? Does one of the modules do this or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ONE

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
yep make a Sequencer Track and on the Device you wanna Pan just Fiddle with the Panning in the Main Mixer then Switch to Edit Mode if you wanna clean it up a bit

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Like NNXT said - that really is the best thing to do, but Camp was right - and u can even record yerself making the pans so that u dont even have to draw it in tha auto lane....Just press the record button, give yerself enough time so that u can prepare to make the adjustments after u press record, and then as the beat rolls make yer pans that u wanted....Afterwards, play it back and it will all be recorded...(One thing to remember tho: On the left hand side of the module layer that u have selected, ie. the sequencer track that u created... - make sure that u click in the far left part of that layer so that the little midi-symbol appears.....if you dont have that on the layer u want to automate it wont actually capture yer movements when u record.

STEEZ

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Thanks for tha' tip Homies! Normally, I use my MPC2000XL and Cubase to do my tracks; but since my MPC is in the shop, I decided to try Reason out for a change. I'm starting to really like it; but it seems to have a different sound than what I'm used to. I'm not getting that full sound level that I usually get with my MPC. Even when I use the same drums. They just don't seem to have that punch.
They seem to become weak in Reason. Maybe it's just me;but I hear what I hear. Any suggestions?
ONE

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
That is probably the problem. LOL! My set up is old and needs to be upgraded. Computerwise anyway. I've got a P3 500mhz, Windows 98 blue & black screen showin, application freezin', crashin' for no reason, piece of shit! LOL! WITH a SoundBlaster Live Drive Soundcard! I know I should'nt expect much, but up to now it has worked fine. I was getting a decent sound from it. Since my MPC is gone; I've had to rely on only the computer to do things and the sound seems to be alot different.
ONE

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
^^ Ouch Soundblaster? hehe

Only Difference i hear from my software setup and my 3000 Is the the sound coming off my software is cleaner (i can controll its grit later) and the 3000 is jus the the 3000 dirty ya know good sound

but yea you need a Card my friend

members online