for the fruity loops masters?

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
can someone tell me how to record vocals from a mic into fL studio. Or point me in the direction to find out where I can learn the manuel doesn't make sense and can't find shit on the net. I jus heard that Fl works good for recording vocals and I wanna experiment but don't know how? can someone help me out......thanks that kid LA.

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
can someone explain how to do it because I read somethings and I"m lost?

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I'm guessing its because there are no paragraphs... I mean, reading a huge paragraph like that is real hard... I know I cant. So I broke it down (for me too actually)

STAIGHT JACK MOOOOOOOOOVE!!!! (Naw I'm joking this is from Kevin A)

OKay were back again trying to get the best out of our FLstudio. If you didn't know, FLstudio is not called studio for no reason, it really is a studio. Aside from being able to create your tracks in FLstudio, you can also do record vocals. Yes that means FLstudio is a multitrack software as well, with a 64 track mixer that you can route any which way you wanna.

Let me put this in perspective for you. When Dr. Dre is at his big mixing board and eminem says, " yo, turn my hi hats up a little bit" then later on he say, yo turn those background vocals down a little," this is what you can do in FLstudio. What does this means? more versatility when you are mixing (mixing needs to be taking more seriously).

Most digital musicians have to export their track, then take it to a multitrack to do vocals (depending on software of choice). Once you export your instrumental, that's it. You have to master the instrumental as a single file now (cannot tweak singular instruments by themselves), and your mix is what it is. You record your vocals in a multitrack, but you have to mix them based on a instrumental track you can no longer mix with. So you can make fluent changes mixing your instrumentals and your vocals together as they do in the big studios with the big mixing boards if you go this route.

So for people who normally have to render waves to transfer into a multitrack, I'm just saying you have more versatility doing it this way, and the end result being that you have a better mix to be mastered. Also, with you audio files in FLstudio, you can set then up to open in other programs for instance, in my tools I have cooledit, and in FLstudio I have it set to open up with current sample, so if I'm doing a vocal track, or just some instrument I want to edit, on that channel I'll select cooledit, sound forge, or any editor that I have use for, and FLstudio will open that program with the current sample in it. Now when you come back to flstudio, all you have to do is reload the sample (after you've saved it ofcourse)in your channel options and it's there. I normally go in to cooledit to do some noise reduction and so on. You also have realtime effects too for vocal as with everything else. You can also use other software effects right in FLstudio, so I can use sonar,soundfoundry, or just about anyone else's effects right through Flstudio without opening those other softwares.

If you've gotten this far in the read, good for you because this is the best part yet. If you know enough about Flstudio already, at this point your probably saying yeah that's find and dandy but you have to have a asio soundcard in order to record vocals into fruityloops. This has been a problem for me as well but I've come to share this solution with you. I actually thought about buying a external soundcard for my labtop because of this until I found this website that made a asio driver for all soundcards.

As crazy as it sounds it is the truth and I have it installed and I'm using it with Flstudio recording vocals and everything. My labtop has a soundmax soundcard, and I'm running windows xp. you can get the drivers from http://michael.tippach.bei.t-online...4all/intro.html If you have a soundblaster Live! or Audigy, the KxProject drivers are worth looking at http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/

So wether you use FLstudio or not, you can benefit from have asio drivers because of the low latency. I almost bought a new soundcard because of this, I'm glad I waited. Good luck

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention,these drivers are free. I hope this can save some of you a couple of dollars.
Peace

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
mmmmh.... I just read all that, but you're not saying HOW to do it, Kev....

Anyone? (And please dont answer "look in the manual"...)

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
sYgMa said:
mmmmh.... I just read all that, but you're not saying HOW to do it, Kev....

Anyone? (And please dont answer "look in the manual"...)

check this

Attachments

• flscreen.JPG
    flscreen.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 175

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
So that means the vocals effects will be on the effect channel chosen... right ?

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
thats right. let me know if it helped

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
If you have an Asio sound card, you'll have an ASIO driver with it.... what sound card do you have?

Also... if you want a Asio driver...

1- Go to this site: http://www.google.com/

2- Type "Asio Driver" in the text box

3- Press the "Search" button..

.... if you want, here's where it should lead you at...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=fr&q=asio+driver&meta=

bottom line, dont be lazy man... do some research...

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.