For the love of God!

• beat this! voting starts in...

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Please, Ill Fam, I need advice, so here's my situation.

I run FL Studio on a laptop that has only two USB ports. My external gear consist of a USB turntable, M-Audio trigger finger, and an M-Audio Oxygen keyboard. IS IT POSSIBLE to have all three of these plugged in at the same time and FL Studio will recognize all three? I've tried a 2.O USB adaptor, but it would not work. Nothing was recognized. What device do i need to make this work? or is it even possible?

Thanks

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Havent tried it before, but it may be possible to serially patch in a standard midi chord from say your Trigger Finger to your Ox8 and have your Ox8 plugged in via USB?...

I haven't tried this! Sounds like this might solve the problem for the controllers.

From my research, I'm trying to make my setup like a midi setup running through a mixer and all that, but I'm starting to realize I'm not there yet. It's just a pain in the ass having to turn off my software and then replug what I need next...

Thanks rel and Sanova, appreciate the help fellas. I'm gonna look into the USB hub.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I take you dont have a Audio Interface yet then?
For the time being if your just interfacing MIDI only, you could invest in something like a MicroLite which would def get the job done, especially if you plan to use even more controllers.....You would just have to buy some MIDI cables along with it.
Theres ones that offer less I/O as well like the FastLane but I think in your case you would need the extra ins and outs....

Also, dont dismiss the fact that there are a lot of new MIDI Controllers out now that offer all the control that your getting from 2 different devices all in one that are also buss powered via USB, so in the end if your deciding to put some money on the table for a small gear upgrade such as the MicroLite, you might consider just up and getting a new Controller instead and selling your old joints on Craigslist or something...Even easier solution really...

Something like an Axiom25 would be perfect for you since it combines the 2 things your using both controllers for.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks fellas, damn I hate being a broke ass, lol.

Cell 2Dee - appreciate it bro. I'm still going to be a hard head and try the usb hub thing again. haha.

The MOTU micro lite looks cool! But only the micro lite plugs in USB and the controllers will be midi? I got it.

T

The Arkitekt

If the Hub thing doesnt work, its prob cuz you can't power more then one buss powered device through one USB input would be my guess.

That might be it, a powered USB hub might work for that, one that you plug into the wall. Laptops have low wattage for the power supply.

members online