FPC question...

BobCarter

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I started using the FPC a whole lot recently and I am running into a few walls now with the direction I want to go with it...

When assigning samples/wavs/etc to the FPC buttons...is there someway to raise the tempos of the samples? When adding sounds to the FPC I usually drag them from the Browser and before I was using Piano Roll to speed up and slow down the actual sound...but I have no idea how to speed up or slow down my samples through the FPC... I probably won't have as big of a problem once I get some type of actually MPC but for now with limited software and money, I continue to search for an answer to this problem...

any help/links would be appreciated..as long as they answer the question..

Thank you

djjumpinjoe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Peep The Picture .... Hope This Helps

Attachments

• fpc.gif
    fpc.gif
    39.3 KB · Views: 182

BobCarter

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hahaha......I realize there are pitch knobs but at the same time I wanted a way to move up and down piano roll-style so I would have the automated changing...
ex. like how when you take a sample and drag in into your step sequencer then right click on the button and select "send to piano roll..." you know, like a way for me to move around in pitch without having to spend time fine tuning the knob.

djjumpinjoe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
LMAO !!! ... My bad ...... Well then I wouldnt know .... That was first time I ever opened the FPC ..... But I know you can do that chit in Battery ....... Ill open FPC again and check it out u wana lets say send the sample down the keyboard ...... Ill work on it .....

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I tried using the FPC like twice that shit is horrible the piano roll is more flexible, I know you probably wanna bang your shit out on them pads but at the same time you can do that with the slicerX and get the same results using the piano roll

BobCarter

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks ya'll..yeah the FPC thing seems a little primitive.. thanks for answering my questions... I'll probably have another one in a few hours or so :) hahaha

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
Are you guys using the FPC standalone... or with a controller? Because I think it's meant to by synced to an MPD or PadControl type controller. That's pretty much the only thing I use it for. Works well enough for that I think. Plus I cannot for the life of me find any other way to layer multiple sounds on the pads on my MPK.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
You got to set it up with your controller (assign your pads) and then save that as a template. Then everytime you want to start a new beat, all you have to do is drop your samples on the pads and your ready to bang out. Edison with fruity slicer is a quicker work flow, but you can't beat the multi layring and assigning channels to invidual chops like you can with the FPC.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
The FPC is good.. for what it does... I think if you want more, you gotta look elsewere (like the combos you all talked about)

BobCarter

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
haha I bought my axiom 25 thinking i would use it more for composing wise but honestly I get alot more use out of the drumpads...im going to end up with just an mpc probably in the end.