ill o.g.
http://dustedwax.bravehost.com/dwk004.html

on netlabel dusted wax

check it

without ILL this would not exist and i would not be around to promote this shit

ps

any noobs want advice on ought PM me

guests, d/l this shit and see what the ILL network can do for you

NB!!!! i was a full noob, knew nothing before i came here, sign up, and stick around and you too can release your own shit!!!!!

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Wings Reviews: Citizen Crane - Mystical Forces EP

Dear Members,

Haze is a close friend, we're both IllVeterans as well as kindred spirits. He asked me to review the EP, and so, here comes my HUMBLE concise review...
I've heard the WHOLE EP yesterday night. It was my MIDNIGHT SOUNDTRACK.

I ABSOLUTELY APPRECIATE the efforts gone into the making of this EP. It's dusty, raw to the bone with a mystic vibe throughout the whole joint. Late night music.

The first cut, Iceland, is positively offbeat. Wonderful piano licks & beautiful synthesizer lines. Eerie atmosphere indeed.

The title track - Mystical Forces, reminds me of my walk thru Soho deep @ night. Apocalyptic layers blend into a symphony of pain and agony...

Monastry continues the cycle with a delicate out-of-tune tone. Great mixing of all the various sounds. Top-notch!

Stanleyknife Cutz with its vivid Rhodes is right on point. Mysterious Tranquility.

Stress closes the EP, leaving the listener "out there"... Psychedelic Jazz mixed with rugged Electronica.

All the pieces, characterized by powerful drum patterns and plucked rhythms, form an original sound, rarely heard within the instrumental hip-hop spectrum.

In my humble opinion, these tracks are screaming for a qualified MC, for they do not stand that well on their own. I feel they shall be perfect for all those experimental MCs\poets, looking for the finest sound to express themselves to the fullest extent.

"Mystical Forces" is an outstanding first offering from URBAN ARCHAEOLOGIST Haze47. Congratulations upon releasing this EP, keep up the fantastic work!

A Love Supreme,
Wings of an Angel

Im listening right now.
Firstly all the drum breaks are sick, I love that shit. Has an almost jazz fusion feel to it. The scratching is dope. Does remind me of madlib & dilla with the little samples and changeups. I could listen to this without mc's, Im gonna download a copy I like this abstract style of hiphop.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
cheers for that wing priciate that

really think this aint stand alone...

goddam i tried hard to make it stand alone

i think it does personally

any advice on how to make ish better?

anyone?

nb!! im gunna put this review on myspace, but gunna cut that last bit out!!! lol

cheers again wings, you are the fucking man!!!!

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Dear brother,

I should have been clearer: When I say it doesn't stand on its own - it's not a negative comment. NO NO!
I simply mean that in my VERY humble opinion, these BEATS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH AN EMCEE IN MIND.
It's neither bad or good. It's just a fact - in my eyes. While hearing the EP, I always kept thinking how X shall sound on top, how Y is gonna fit.

Some projects are made without MCs in mind, most are made with MCs in mind.

For instance: even though many would say that my music stands on its own, I never release nor WILL release solely instrumental projects. It won't fit into my MASTER PLAN. I create for my collaborator to elevate the music further & further.

Please feel free to use the review on your MySpace, as is or cut it to your liking.

I am pleased to offer my humble guidance and share my opinion with y'all. May peace be upon thee!

One Love,
Wings

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I really liked this e.p. I downloaded it last night and listened to it. It's a great combination of dusty samples and a clean crisp mix.

I wish I could make my joints sound that good.

Props.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
This Ep Is Hard. How Do U Feel About These Beats Being Used?
IM REALLY FEELIN YOUR STYLE, KEEP PUSHIN IT AND KEEP EXPERIMENTING, I LOVE THIS SHIT MY FAVORITE JOINTS ARE "STRESS" "STANLEYKNIFE CUTZ" AND "MYSTICAL FORCES". GOOD LUCK WIT THIS FICKLE ASS INDUSTRY THOUGH, I COULD HEAR THE BEASTIE BOYS ALL OVER YOUR SHIT.Che

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
at first i wasent feeling it but then it came up as a random album on my IPOD when i was walking threw the projects this moring.... the stanleyknife cutz fit perfectly with the screenery of bedstuy..... shit was like i was watching a music video...(cats yelling on the block, kids dodgin cop cars, crack heads looking for a fix)

i think these tracks need an MC, espcially that stanly knife cutz joint.. that shit flows well... NIce mix too....

D

Dusted Wax

Wonderful release, Haze! It's one of my favorites! Pure old school Ninja dope stuff!