Free things for NYers

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
For my fellow NYers, lots of good free stuff going on this weekend:

- tonight - Metropolitan Museum of Art - rooftop party 7-10, they have sculptures up there, plus they're showing some live action Dr. Suess film, sounds very psychadelic, always with some interesting people up there...
- tomorrow - Frankie Feliciano - dope house DJ, playing at Coneyland in front of Astroland 3-10
- Sunday - Gilles Peterson, Central Park Summerstage 3-7 (label owner of Talkin Loud, plays jazz/reggae/hip hop/broken beat/house/etc, he's also playing with some live artists). His DJ skills are kind of non-existent, however for song selection, he's one of the best (if not the best) in the world.
- Monday - Erykah Badu doing free show at Winthrop Park in Central Brooklyn. It's from 7-10. Lauryn Hill played there last year, and only people that were there before 3 or 4PM even got in the gates, so for those of us with day jobs, it will be damn near impossible to get inside (just sayin)

Not sure which of these (or all or none) I'll go to, however if anyone wants to PM me or reply to this thread, let me know.

Ill NY needs to hook up regardless, I want to hear the Smash Bros album + I want y'all to hear the album I just finished up a couple of months ago....

EZ

Sunday - Gilles Peterson, Central Park Summerstage 3-7 (label owner of Talkin Loud, plays jazz/reggae/hip hop/broken beat/house/etc, he's also playing with some live artists). His DJ skills are kind of non-existent, however for song selection, he's one of the best (if not the best) in the world.
yeah the guy is pretty much a legend.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
For my fellow NYers, lots of good free stuff going on this weekend:

- tonight - Metropolitan Museum of Art - rooftop party 7-10, they have sculptures up there, plus they're showing some live action Dr. Suess film, sounds very psychadelic, always with some interesting people up there...
- tomorrow - Frankie Feliciano - dope house DJ, playing at Coneyland in front of Astroland 3-10
- Sunday - Gilles Peterson, Central Park Summerstage 3-7 (label owner of Talkin Loud, plays jazz/reggae/hip hop/broken beat/house/etc, he's also playing with some live artists). His DJ skills are kind of non-existent, however for song selection, he's one of the best (if not the best) in the world.
- Monday - Erykah Badu doing free show at Winthrop Park in Central Brooklyn. It's from 7-10. Lauryn Hill played there last year, and only people that were there before 3 or 4PM even got in the gates, so for those of us with day jobs, it will be damn near impossible to get inside (just sayin)

Not sure which of these (or all or none) I'll go to, however if anyone wants to PM me or reply to this thread, let me know.

Ill NY needs to hook up regardless, I want to hear the Smash Bros album + I want y'all to hear the album I just finished up a couple of months ago....

EZ

yeah man i hear ya... we are really pushing things forward.. we are trying to lock down a venue for our realease party and get the cd's pressed. We now got a strong team behind us which we didnt have before so activity in genral will greatly pick up.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
yeah man i hear ya... we are really pushing things forward.. we are trying to lock down a venue for our realease party and get the cd's pressed. We now got a strong team behind us which we didnt have before so activity in genral will greatly pick up.

Werd, we're actually still finishing up the artwork, so probably looking at early September release. Hoping to do some listening parties in Brooklyn and Philly once everything is nailed down....

members online