"Freestyle" attempt

tenor.gif

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's interesting though because there's different types of rappers: battle rapper, freestyle rapper, studio rapper.

If I remember correctly, years ago it was Biggie that said he wasn't a good freestyler and he'll stick to the studio. There's nothing wrong with that.

First off, a battle rapper (not the ones today that just yell at each other without music and it's all written anyway), should be off-the-top WITH MUSIC. For someone to be able to diss an opponent on the spot, especially with music, that's fucking hard.

Freestyle rapper is really two types: off-the-top like a battle rapper but you're not battling. The other type is freestyling your own lyrics over a random beat.

Think about it: can you picture someone like Kanye or Drake and going off the top? Nope. That doesn't mean they suck (but they do though), but they're studio rappers.

So to summarize, this smokepurp guy (I actually never even heard of him) should not have even attempted to do this, that's why it's so bad. And even then, at least be prepared to do something on the spot since that's what's most likely is going to be asked of you when you're on a radio show.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
It’s @Fade dope how you differentiate between the aforementioned types of rappers and I don’t freestyle because I rarely to never try because I’d rather stick to both passive and active writing.

If I care(d) to freestyle it would be always to an instrumental.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
I actually freestyled some mad shit before and you get kinda spooked how you could come up with such wild worldplay and multisyllabilic shit that flows well on the spot.

But if someone putme on the spot and randomly said freestyle it'd be a flop.

It usually only happens when a beat really randomly just grabs you.

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
Here's my latest freestyle. I am always doing em to a fresh beat I produce that gets me in the groove to spit like this! As soon as I get in that groove I just press record and hop in my booth with a camera.

I always rhyme and dont say things over and over again like a fool sayin' spotlight and pipes 3 times in a row to fill in his mental gaps.

Last edited:
Here's my latest freestyle. I am always doing em to a fresh beat I produce that gets me in the groove to spit like this! As soon as I get in that groove I just press record and hop in my booth with a camera.

I always rhyme and dont say things over and over again like a fool sayin' spotlight and pipes 3 times in a row to fill in his mental gaps.

This is so dope bro!!!!!!!!!!!!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Iron Keys know that was a dart thrown at me but I ain’t talking no more, acting from here on out.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
It's @Iron Keys always gonna be all love and you warmed my heart when you said you appreciate my person, my principles and my music taste.

How @TACTIK long have you been a freestyler?

TACTIK

ill o.g.
It's @Iron Keys always gonna be all love and you warmed my heart when you said you appreciate my person, my principles and my music taste.

How @TACTIK long have you been a freestyler?
The first time I did a freestyle on stage was in 2012 but I just started recording them in 2018 on my @audiotactics page on Instagram when producing a new beat puts me in the right mode to flow on the first or second take. I've been recording MCs since the early 2000s and just learned from them and all the 90s hip hop and underground I'm into.

Audiobellum

Beatmaker

I've always considered getting an acoustic shield but, I always see a lot of mix reactions on the internet. I've always wanted to make recordings at my home as I've been practicing how to sing but, I'm poor and can't afford acoustic treatment. I'm assuming that the shield is no alternative to acoustic treatment but, should I get one or borrow one? What are your thoughts on the acoustic shield?
As for your freestyling; it's okay. When I was in high school, I used to rap and freestyle. Now, I never do that. The dream has been dead to me for a ten years and I can't believe that it has been that long. Local rappers just aren't appreciated in my country and my brother insist that I sing. However, I wasn't going to use autotune like he did frequently at the time. So I learnt to become a decent singer, which motivated my brother to also do voice training. He also wouldn't make beats for me, so I learnt how to make my own.
I guess I'm straying away from the topic at hand but, you do remind me of a younger version of myself.

TACTIK

ill o.g.
I got that free isolation shield from an MC in my studio this year and like the fact that there are less vibrations. My booth has soundproofing all over it accept for the carpet. What kinda places are giving you mixed reactions with recordings?!

I've always considered getting an acoustic shield but, I always see a lot of mix reactions on the internet. I've always wanted to make recordings at my home as I've been practicing how to sing but, I'm poor and can't afford acoustic treatment. I'm assuming that the shield is no alternative to acoustic treatment but, should I get one or borrow one? What are your thoughts on the acoustic shield?
As for your freestyling; it's okay. When I was in high school, I used to rap and freestyle. Now, I never do that. The dream has been dead to me for a ten years and I can't believe that it has been that long. Local rappers just aren't appreciated in my country and my brother insist that I sing. However, I wasn't going to use autotune like he did frequently at the time. So I learnt to become a decent singer, which motivated my brother to also do voice training. He also wouldn't make beats for me, so I learnt how to make my own.
I guess I'm straying away from the topic at hand but, you do remind me of a younger version of myself.

Audiobellum

Beatmaker
I got that free isolation shield from an MC in my studio this year and like the fact that there are less vibrations. My booth has soundproofing all over it accept for the carpet. What kinda places are giving you mixed reactions with recordings?!
I should clarify that I get mix reactions when I search the internet about information the isolation shield or ask people about it in person. Youtube has a lot of videos detailing why it's no alternative to full room acoustic treatment and you seem to back that up. However, the people at the music store I go to keep insisting that it's a worth while purchase without the full room acoustic treatment I can't afford yet or at least they do when I ask.

TACTIK

ill o.g.
My isolation shield faces the window in my booth bcuz there is no soundproofing on the window. People I record with usually look out the window to see their lyrics on a monitor or how I'm producing even though I communicate via microphone with them. The iso shield totally prevents sounds from echoing off the window better. If someone were to soundproof a big room, all they need is 4X4ft corners and centers of it all to prevent things from echoing off the wall!

Attachments

• IsoBoothWindow.jpg
    IsoBoothWindow.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited: