from acid to reason...?

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use Acid and Cool edit pro. I recently obtained a copy of reason but it I dont really use it.
My question is, Can one chop samples (melodies not drums) in Reason with the same ease that one can using Acid?

I know poeple who use reason but all of them are "keyboard producers". They dont sample. Are there any CRATE DIGGERS out there who use reason? And if there are how, do they do it. how how how.

Peace

C

Carpe Diem

yup, i do....well, i use sound forge to chop up my loops, then arrange in reason....

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
I do aswell, I use ReCycle aswell as reason to cut up my samples and save them as Rex Files.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Mello....I almost 85% of the time sample and use reason....trust me dude, the prgm is not limited to only rockin keyboard beats.
What i do is record my vinyl into a prgm like Live. Afterwards i edit out the samples i want and save to a folder.
Later, i recall those samples and use them in reason....I also Rex my shits too as these guys in Recycle.....
Dont understimate the NNXT, the Redrum, or the DR REX....they all are very flexible....the only thing that i dont dig about reasons sampler is that u have to timestretch in a different prgm since reason doesnt provide that feature.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
I sample and compose in Reason all i use is NNXT :) i use that to Chop my samples..

"Can one chop samples (melodies not drums) in Reason with the same ease that one can using Acid?"
Yea if you know what your doing

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
NN is right, but in the technical sense - hes not actaully chopping the drums with the XT since the sampler doesnt literally let u drop slices on a wav form like recycle - so i think what NN is refering to is utilizing the start and end points in the XT.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
DueceMade Ent. said:
NN is right, but in the technical sense - hes not actaully chopping the drums with the XT since the sampler doesnt literally let u drop slices on a wav form like recycle - so i think what NN is refering to is utilizing the start and end points in the XT.

^^ yea you put it that way too :)

P

Pinnacle

Recycle or Soundforge should make that process easier for you.

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
eka said:
I'm in love with the nn19 sampler.
I use fruity loops to make my tracks and through rewire add the nn19 (or more instruments) from reason.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, But using Acid instead of Fruity.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
There is no program that gives you the ease and ability to chop and rearrange samples ( melodies) as Acid. It can be done in other programs but, not as easy with Acid.

members online