From An Advanced FL User, Have Some Advanced Question.

• beat this! voting starts in...

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm a very advanced user of FL studio but these few things got me beat for years. Looking for experienced input please as it will be appreciated.

1.) In the playlist if there are multiple "UNIQUE" audio clips on a single track, why can I not merge them into one? This is stupid! My only work around is muting everything else and exporting that track... I'm sure someone must have a faster work around for this.

2.) Zooming in and out of the playlist I use shortcut keys such as [CTRL + Scroll wheel] for horizontal and [Alt + Scroll wheel] for vertical, But There doesn't appear to be a shortcut for bot horizontal and vertical. The point here is why the heck cant I program my own shortcut keys? This is just common sense right?

3.) When recording audio clips directly into fl studio through the Mixing panel why cant the audio clips be set to be assigned either a define or unique FX channel? This is stupid... means I need to combine all the clips when I'm done to various channels increasing the work load, where they could have just been there in the first place right after recording...

Thanks in advance.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
1.) In the playlist if there are multiple "UNIQUE" audio clips on a single track, why can I not merge them into one? This is stupid! My only work around is muting everything else and exporting that track... I'm sure someone must have a faster work around for this.
You know, at first, all audio imported or recorded are unique. You can edit, trim, copy, paste, duplicate selections and it will not split the original file. In this mechanic of making a selection unique it will save it as a new file. To my knowledge i have yet to see any daw that makes 2 unique audioclips merge to 1 file since this is basicaly done in mixdown/render.

The only way possible to do it outside the daw mechanics is by using Edison and dragging both clips into the editor and save as a new file to import. Never tried this but considering Edison is the fl editor it should be capable of doing so.

Personaly, its a workflow thing, ive never needed to make a clip unique since 2.54 lol

2.) Zooming in and out of the playlist I use shortcut keys such as [CTRL + Scroll wheel] for horizontal and [Alt + Scroll wheel] for vertical, But There doesn't appear to be a shortcut for bot horizontal and vertical. The point here is why the heck cant I program my own shortcut keys? This is just common sense right?

you can use the Z key to zoom on selection but yeah, i prefer how Logic handles it.

3.) When recording audio clips directly into fl studio through the Mixing panel why cant the audio clips be set to be assigned either a define or unique FX channel? This is stupid... means I need to combine all the clips when I'm done to various channels increasing the work load, where they could have just been there in the first place right after recording...

You mean, if you record an input through Chnl.2 it doesnt autoassign to track2 in the playlist ?

Yeah..bummmer, i really like FL but that one wont fly afaik

members online