Fruity loop pros where you at

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Ok i have pattern that contains a loop that exceed the pattern but i have it cutting itself off properly in pattern mode and also on the playlist when I play back....but when I export the wave the part of the sample that was playing correctly in pattern and playlist seems to play beyond the pattern end and not cut itself off...anyone?????? seen this or know what the problem is ....

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
ooops. never mind. never had that problem.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
how'd u fix it bigd?

are you enjoying FL? I'm returning to FL after a year or so with Reason (which I still use and love)

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
N.U.G. ...I used the cut itself I 4 got to put it on that track LOL.... i have used Fruity loops since like version 3 the cheesy looking one but I actually produced 4 tracks on an album "Free Agent "I did for Jane Doe AkA Star using fruity loops about 2 or 3 years ago, I use it as a tool in the arsenal between my hardware and REason which is also very nice....you can never have enuff tools...I am using version 6.x Studio it allows me to 1 up anything I could think of doing on hardware I mean I could do it on hardware but i dont have to think twice....we wont start the debate but I use both hardware and software to make beats each is effective to get a track out.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^^

no doubt BigD. i feel the same way about using what works. I'm using FL6 at the moment too and it's dope. I like the look and the feel of this most recent upgrade.

dope stuff bro, keep doing ya thing!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
N.U.G. ...I used the cut itself I 4 got to put it on that track LOL.... i have used Fruity loops since like version 3 the cheesy looking one but I actually produced 4 tracks on an album "Free Agent "I did for Jane Doe AkA Star using fruity loops about 2 or 3 years ago, I use it as a tool in the arsenal between my hardware and REason which is also very nice....you can never have enuff tools...I am using version 6.x Studio it allows me to 1 up anything I could think of doing on hardware I mean I could do it on hardware but i dont have to think twice....we wont start the debate but I use both hardware and software to make beats each is effective to get a track out.

You could pop fl beats back to sampler, as a phrases, loops or just the single hits with the original midifile. All you'd need is something like an mpc and a dope sampler with multiple I/O ( Z4's come cheap these days, 2xZ4 should easily fit a whole album and should total a nice amount of output for your console ). Either FL functions as a "notepad" or FL, whatever suits the moment.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Hey, you learn something new everyday. Although I'll probably never need it, it's a smart idea.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
hehe, cut groups are nice but I only tend to use them on drums ( hats open/closed and percussion )because there's also limitations to using cut groups ( in most cases most of time, cut itself wont work when assigning to cutgroups ).

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I use ghost notes most of the time. When I first started with FL, I didnt know how to stop instruments playing etc, so I ended up trying notes at zero velocity.
It worked and ive been using them all the time since.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^ I bet you've used FT2 on pc or Protracker on amiga before FL lol! At least that's where I got it from. FT2 even made it possible to change volume in the stepsequencer without the need for a note-on ( i.e. at note on a loop plays but you can silence a part of the loop by setting the volume in the sequencer, FL does this by drawing automation, FT2 by adding an fx value next to the note entry. Doesnt sound special, but you can make sharp flare like fx on while the loop is playing).

members online