FRUITY LOOPS: Cool Effects ?

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
Ok, I know I'm not the only serious Fruity Loops user in here, so my question is: What kind of cool effects and stuff have any of you figured out?? I'm not talking about the TS404 effects and shit, I mean stuff you've personally figured out. If you guys will share a couple of your findings with me, I'll share a few with you. Here's one:

- If you change the metronome from "Tick" to anything else, (1/4, 1/8, etc) you can place your notes on the Piano Roll anywhere. ANYWHERE, meaning you can have drum rolls and stuff by placing the notes that close together.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I always make the metronome none (disable the grid) after the first sequence I make either by banging it in or doing it on the step sequencer and then change it free from the grid that way you can make any beat and add swing into it the way you want......that is the only way you can avoid having the robotic or repetitive beat patterns a lot of people complain that fruity loops only can make....fruity is just like the same sequencers like the sp12 or 1200 except more powerful so there is no limit on what it can do, like if you press ctrl n over a note it will make a roll I think thats the right choice....let me know if it works but you have to change the velocities on each note in the roll to make it sound realistic and also tweak velocities on the hi hat if you don't bang it in by hand....I like to use the compressor on the individual drums like the kick or the snare if I don't already have a good sample then I use certain fx on the master output, most of the time I create the patter in fruity loops without fx and export the individual channels as wave files and do the finishing touches in the final mixdown.....

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
I usually make the whole beat in Fruity Loops, eventhough I know that bringing it into Acid Pro would result in better quality.

C'MON FELLAZ I know there's more Fruity Loops users in this forum than one producer... like I said. I'll keep posting just tips and shit if you guys will also, cause I've figured out some extremely useful stuff over my 3 years using Fruity Loops. Keep it comin'!!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well I only use Fruity for my drums and I keep it really basic so I don't have cool effects tips for you but I agree - there must be a lot of others in here that can offer up some tips. C'mon guys!

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Im here! lol...i use fruity! there is really no cool effects when you think about it, fruity does just about what everything else does.

but what i do is set my tempo double of the original tempo, i.e 90 bpm-180, that was i can fit more notes in my measure.

if im lazy and using a sample or want a sample to cut of, use "cut itself" or if you want to do a more controlled delay/echo you can adjust the volumes for each note and pan and all that good stuff. i found that fruity gives you a lot of control over drums, thats why i like it so much, you can bang them in but i just point and click. i used it so much i can see the drums in my head before i even make them! lol
B E Z

M

MCDZ

Try using the granulized channels when using certain instruments(this is only available for a few drops) you can play with the randomness and stuff like that. Also check out the arpegios with each drum and instru, usually it sounds too techno but if you tweak it right by slowing it down or speeding it up it can sound pretty, especially with basses. I also you the ping pong effect alot in the echo bank

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
Bro, that's exactly what I do too... I double the tempo to fit more notes in one measure. BUT, like I said in the tip in my first post: you can have more notes in a measure if you change the metronome from tick to none, or 1/4. That's a really useful tip.

NOW, to anyone thinking this topic was rediculous, you're wrong. Like I said, I've been using Fruity Loops for 3 years and I seriously find new things every so often that completely bring my beats to another level. EXAMPLE: If you bring up the note/sound editor (by clicking the instruments name on the step sequencer,) and you go to "MISC" - there you will see a knob that says POLY somethin-or-other in the middle of the window. TWEAK THIS KNOB AND FIND A WONDERFUL SURPRISE.... I think Dre fell in love with this one.

STOP FRONTIN' - KEEP THE TIPS COMIN

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
WHATS THAT POLY SHIT SUPPOSED TO DO, IT DIDNT DO ANYTHING FOR ME...IM ALSO ONE OF THOSE DUDES WHO USES FL FOR THE DRUMS MAINLY, SINCE ALL MY MELODIES ARE 100% SAMPLE I REALLY DONT USE TOO MANY EFFECTS WIT FL.WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE GRANUALIZER WHICH I ABUSE EVERY CHANCE I GET (PEEP THE 16 BAR LINE OF MY BEAT THIS! BEAT)

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
OK: Use a simple instrument like Soft Piano and go to where the poly thing is again.... now turn the knob about half way up, and click the box above "mono" (make sure you dont have mono clicked, just the one above it, I forget what it's called.) ALSO, make the sure that you made a nice little melody with soft piano, not just 4 of the same notes in a row lol. Now hit play and be amazed! (Ok, so maybe its not amazing, but I banged out like 4 new beats as soon as I found this little effect out.) It's hot....

STOP IGNORING THIS TOPIC: I was seriously hoping I'd learn something new from making this topic, but everyones just frontin' like Pharell. C'mon guys... or am I the only serious Fruity Loops user in here? I use it for way more than just drums, because I seriously feel like I'm so used to it, I can get my beats to sound the way I want them to. (Not all computer edited and shit.)

changalang

i make beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
i dunno if this is a cool effect or new to u fruity users but:
an easy way to make ur bass fit is to click on sample thing so that window comes up, and when u see that box with lines in it, turn the knobs so the lines turn into a box. making the box bigger makes the bass longer, making it smaller cuts it off and makes the sound shorter. so if u want to make a bass go 1, 2, 3 quickly, this is easier than cutting it up into small pieces

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i sure all you all use it already but i just figured out how to use the beat slicer(when you go to the file menu,import,beat to slice)thats the shiyt.i've been makin all kinda crazy beats lately

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
How do you use the beat slicer, and what's good with the granulizer?? I don't know about you guys, but I also f*ck with the major fx also. I tend to use Fruity Chorus a lot, I like the outcome of the way it makes the beat sound. Ya'll should try this.

*As for wanting this topic to be seen: YES, of coarse I do. Like I said, I figure out new FL stuff all the time, and I'm extremely curious to see what other people have figured out themselves. I have to say something in bold letters when I see my topic dropping to the bottem of the page after an hour of being up lol. KEEP EM COMIN

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i can honestly say that im takin all this in, i still aint figure out that poly shit, but i havent tried the second suggestion, and finally now know how to slice my beats, i did it one time accidentally and i havnet figured out how i did it.peace
and the granualizer is a gem as long as u stay on c5 any other pitch and its gonna distort but if u get a sample and u wanna cut it up easily, u can throw it in the granualizer and then u can go in a choose where it starts at and depending on the length of the bar, where it ends also, play wit it.