Fruity Slicer question

djryval

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
got a question, not sure if it can be done or not. i'm currently using fl5 but i've been a user since at least fl3. i know that when you bring up the slicer properties after you've loaded a loop that you can adjust the number of slices using the two knobs on the lower right part of the pop-up screen. if i turn both knobs to the off position where the slice appears as just one piece without the red slice lines, you can right click in that little box where the wav file is shown and there is an option to split slice. basically, it allows you to set your own slice markers. i do not have the addition zero-x beatslicer plug-in but i was wondering if there was any way to make the box where you can set your own slice markers any larger? you can make a decent guess as to where to add the slice but i'm more a detail person since i use audition to record loops and chop in detail. being able to do it on this screen though in fl would save some time though. i just didn't know if i could do this or not, next to buying a 30" monitor (currently using 17" flat screen). i'd prefer not to have to spend more money on the zero-x product if i can help it, i will just go back and do it in audition first. thanks.

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
slicer

djryval said:
got a question, not sure if it can be done or not. i'm currently using fl5 but i've been a user since at least fl3. i know that when you bring up the slicer properties after you've loaded a loop that you can adjust the number of slices using the two knobs on the lower right part of the pop-up screen. if i turn both knobs to the off position where the slice appears as just one piece without the red slice lines, you can right click in that little box where the wav file is shown and there is an option to split slice. basically, it allows you to set your own slice markers. i do not have the addition zero-x beatslicer plug-in but i was wondering if there was any way to make the box where you can set your own slice markers any larger? you can make a decent guess as to where to add the slice but i'm more a detail person since i use audition to record loops and chop in detail. being able to do it on this screen though in fl would save some time though. i just didn't know if i could do this or not, next to buying a 30" monitor (currently using 17" flat screen). i'd prefer not to have to spend more money on the zero-x product if i can help it, i will just go back and do it in audition first. thanks.

Well the fl slicer is like a lowend versin of the zero-x product and as with most pluginds in fl u cant resize thier screens but if u want a good alternative use recycle, fl5 now imports rex files so ull bee good plus u can save ur chops as separate wavs. Recycle is all ova the net on lime wire and gluz so jus check it out its the same thing but better u know

djryval

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks man, i'll look into it. i have no experience with recycle so what would make it different than me using audition to chop up wav files?

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
recycle...

djryval said:
thanks man, i'll look into it. i have no experience with recycle so what would make it different than me using audition to chop up wav files?
recycle is like using the slicer however u have auto sliceing or manual pitch control u can adjust a sampe to fit a tempo anf #bars and all this info can be saved in wav with a midi file ore in a rex that has the chops already done and i thinf fl reads that now

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
you can add markers like recycle in the wave editor or with the proper slicer program of which I forgot the name ( because I really dont need it hehe ). Just hit ctrl+E and start slicing.

Also, FL takes use of loops that got sliced by the slicer ( when saved with data ) in other plugs like the granulizer which opens up a whole new can of whoop ass.