Fruityloops-->Rewire-->Reason

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Your only con would be using FL as opposed to Albeton Live, Sonar, Audition, Pro Tools etc. Rewiring Reason to anything brings mostly "pros" imo.

T

The Arkitekt

eh stock sounds dont make it a bad DAW, plus everyone likes to use their own sounds anyway. FL is very versatile, you can load like pretty much ANY sound into it, ReWire, you can tweak like any parameter, etc.

an easy to use DAW is bad because why? a lot of begginners use it? makes no sense. i think FL being easy and straight-forward to use is a very good thing. who wants to use very hard software? nobody unless they like a slower workflow

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
eh stock sounds dont make it a bad DAW, plus everyone likes to use their own sounds anyway. FL is very versatile, you can load like pretty much ANY sound into it, ReWire, you can tweak like any parameter, etc.

an easy to use DAW is bad because why? a lot of begginners use it? makes no sense. i think FL being easy and straight-forward to use is a very good thing. who wants to use very hard software? nobody unless they like a slower workflow

lol...didn't say it was bad because it's easy to use....to me ableton is easy to use. Anyway, if you like it I love it. I'm not trying to have a discussion on what's better. Those discussions never end. Use what you like and like what you use. If you cop FL from a torrent it's cool, if you paid for it with those crummy stock sounds I'm just saying you could do better. Reason by itself in my opinion is better for what you get, "if you actually paid for it". And being able to rewire Reason with a DAW that you can use vst's and vsti's makes it even better. The stock sounds in Reason sound a million times better "if u paid for your program" is all I'm saying! 1

Anyway....let's get this back on topic!

REWIRING REASON TO ANYTHING IS A GOOD THING!

T

The Arkitekt

yea fl is a great sequencer, its very straight forward. that pretty much all i use it for since a sample like 99% of the time. plus i use other downloaded vst's and vsti's if i need to throw in an instrument

i think i'm just gonna delete all the unneeded bullshit that came stock wit FL, creates clutter on my browser

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think fl studio and reason rewired is the bomb .. i tried it a couple of times and its the shit .. u got simplicicty of fl studio with all the sounds in reason .. i especially like rewiring THOR!! ..

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
hehe lmao at stock sounds... Ok, i did rewire to Cubase for while, both FL and Reason so i could track into Cubase, group channels and do signal processing there. But eh, if you know how to create patches then you'll get over reason real quick but perhaps use it for redrum but i dropped it because i dont want to run 3 programs to make a beat...i mean wtf, i can do it all in FL or Logic, one program...convenience, workflow...you know, that intuitive shit.

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
tell us more bout creating patches formant :)

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
what, how to create your own sounds from vsti's ? How to edit samples to create instruments ? Dude, tweak it ! You can run vst's now, get on a torrent and download some good vsti's and tweak the knobs, try to understand and hear what each knob/parameter does. How to manipulate stock sounds into sounds that create delivery on itself ? The thing is everybody is going over the moon when they sample from a song and blame the clean sample kits for being crap while not realising the difference between something that has been professionaly mixed and mastered and a source that hasnt been tampered with at all. Where someone would say that his kick sample doesnt have enough punch is in my case a good sample because i dont have to worry about a little his on the kick, a kick with to much loudness...without all this dumb ass editing or crap sample kits im glad i get all the room to edit and process myself.

I learned the old skool way, hands on through a real formant/analogue synth having each common synth parameter on a knob or fader. From there i'd try to tweak sounds (create patches/presets) than resemble sounds i thought were dope from other electronica tracks, its how you learn a synth... or vsti. I also tried to memorize synths on their character when listening to a lot of dance/electronica because this will give a reason when or why to use a brand/model synth over another one. So i think you can understand that i cant directly explain to you how to create a patch/preset as it wouldnt prove anything to you.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
havent seen a thread yet where LDB gives FL studio the credit it deserves! it's got bout the best feature set for quick MIDI work out there in my opinion.. FL > Reason rewire gives you a shit load of options too, it's like opening pandoras box and having sound come out instead of all that evil shit eh?
ableton live is a pretty damn good DAW though, ive got to admit i use it all the damn time for sample based work, but when it comes to all out MIDI, FL wins hands down with its sequencer in version 8 compared to live 7's

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I just started messing around with Reason 4 havnt made a beat on FL in about month or two due to beat block. In which after playing around with reason the beat block is over. I definitly Like this program alot, i wont use just Fl exclusively or Reason exclusively for that matter but to each's own and there are so many positives about ableton and very little negatives in which ableton 7 I have. my point is Fl is a damn good program but has flaws, Reason also is a damn good program but also has flaws and a totally different monster in itself tho Thor is a fuckin Beast. Personally I think if your using both, it only gives you more ammo in your arsenal. You cant use Vst's in reason but if you Rewire it to FL your good and if you got ableton you know you can run rewire both reason and fl to it and pull up all your vst's. IMO one dosnt out weigh the other, I think Reason just is presented much better than FL cause Reason gives you that in your face studio feel. I feel if your only using just one your shortchaging yourself. just my 2 cents.