FUCK.. virus

• beat this! voting starts in...

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Well I may be completely fucked. After one of the phattest and cleanist recording sessions I'd ever done, my artist and I went back to finish recording our 2nd song (seriously this was the best session we'd both had and i had figured out the highest quality microphone settings to date (for me)). Anyways, we get back from goin out to eat, i turn on my computer and my Avast Antivirus program blows up my spot saying virus warning non-stop.

It said I had a spybot infection and was listing about 10 different names and variations or whatever. I couldn't click on anything outside of the virus program and finally just shut the shit down. I tried all available options, delete, quarantine, move, etc. Turned it back on and now windows won't boot at all.

I'm all lookin online for solutions... Otherwise i'm paying $90 an hour friday night to have someone look at it.

Rediculous...

On my best day too, what the fuck.

Tajasmark

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
www.hitmanpro.nl

dont do internet on a daw, always asking for unforseen problems.
Agreed.

But since that’s not the case, are you able to get into safe mode, if yes try last Known configuration and see if that works, or if you have a spyware program on you system like Adaware or Spybot S&D run them both in safe mode.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Did you try booting up into Safe Mode? That's the best way to run programs like Spybot and AdAware. That's the only thing I can think of to get around this.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Yeah actually i've tried literally every last option after pressing F8.
-Safe Mode
-Last Known Configuration
-like another 7 or 8

They all load half way, stall, then put me back to the screen with the safemode options. Nothing actually loads. Safemode loads for a split sec and then halts. I've found some usefull stuff online but sofar nothings solidly worked.

Right now, from the computer i'm typing on, my hard drive is connected as slave and is being scanned for viruses. THANK GOD all of my shit is still on there. This scanner has been running for near 2 hours now from all of my music stuff... taking forever.

Since my files are still there and I can recognize it through here, i'm wondering if I should skip the pc repair dude and just buy a new hard drive and transfer everything. Would save me about $200 but I'd only do that if it's gauranteed to work. Bottom line is I need all of my stuff back, even if I have to pay ransom for it.

I just don't want to lose all of my shit. Especially the stuff I just recorded, but everything in general.

That hitman pro looks nice exept for that windows simply can't load.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
damn thats happened to me a few times on other computers. but not my studio one!!

damn that must suck i dunno what to tell u. my uncle had to reboot everything from his pc

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I had some crap jump off on mine last weekend. NO MATTER WHAT I CLICKED ON IT WOULD LIST IT 10 TIMES and control/ alt/ delete didnt work at turn anything off.
So I yanked the modem cord out and unplugged everything.
Ran the virus scanner, all spy and adware programs and set it to the day before settings.
That worked.
NEVER have your music stuff connected to the internet if you can help it and back up frequently.
Good luck.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Yeah the thing is I totally agree with that and tell other people to do the same (using seperate computers for internet and music). I can't afford to have a seperate computer just for internet though so until I can make some decent change through selling music, I gotta work with what I have.

This is my brothers computer that i'm typin this on.

All of my files work on my hard drive. I'm going into a tech support shop later today and see what the hell my options are. The first time my computer crashed on me I wasn't so lucky and lost 3+ years of music so i'm actually really relieved of this one.

I didn't even sleep last night damn

Tajasmark

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If you can take the hard drive out of your computer and set it as a slave drive and install it in your brothers computer you should be able to find your music files and put them on his system, if he has a burner you can burn them to a Cd or DVD if he has that.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
a few weeks back i wrote a song, it was just lyrics, but it was the best I ever wrote and lost the entire thing because of a system failure.. hardware issue. ;luckily i remembered only the dopest parts so when i rewrote it everything was cool. I was nearly sick when it first happaned.. i woulda paid 100 bucks for them at that moment

good luck on gettin that shit back. but remember if you did it once you'll have experience at the particular project and you'll be able to make small edits to the main project in ways that you can't when it's 98% finished.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
try and hitup bestbuy, their geeksquad is pretty good, they do free diagnostic's test to tell you what kind of virus you got and ish, but i hope you dont loose anything man,

but at least you know not to run a daw with internet.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Yeah I went to best buy. it was $89 for every 4GBs to transfer. I had 45GB's lol. I ended up just buyin a new hard drive needless to say. I'm getting windows xp from a freind, gonna set it up than just slave it to my original computer and transfer all the information to the new hard drive. Then I can reformat the retarded one an hopefully use it later or something.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thats happened to me before and i just booted up with like a windows disk and i forget exactly what i told it to do, but try putting in a windows disk and booting it from the cd rom drive, thats worked for me twice when i thought i was fucked

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
I'm workin on getting an xp cd. The computer I bought came with windows xp installed but no cd. Everytime i have a problem I have no cd to boot from or reinstall from. I've sent dozens of emails to the place I got it from (cyberpowerinc) but haven't gotten any assistance. So I basically have to get a cracked version of xp becuase my legit version that I bought doesn't have a cd.

B

Burna

Little Tip

Fade said:
Did you try booting up into Safe Mode? That's the best way to run programs like Spybot and AdAware. That's the only thing I can think of to get around this.

Ya, I'd have to agree on that one. I've been "Virus-Fucked" for days. My best choice of advice is go buy a 6Gig(i think), Zip Drive. They're like 25$-150$ depending on the size of Gigabytes on the drive. That's honestly what i've been doing for about a year now. Save them, plugin your Zip Drive, then import and badda-boom, no more worries.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
I finally got my shit back up. Well, not exactly. I'm running from my own computer, new hard drive right now. I'm going to slave my old hard drive in a minute.

Ahhh I definitely have a billion things to reinstall...

I was looking around online, they have back up hard drives that you can set to update automatically. I'm getting one for sure.... have it update itself weekly.

members online